PDA

View Full Version : Middle TN Horse Trials on NBC Today Show 11/23

Badger
Nov. 18, 2009, 07:52 AM
I received this notice from MTPC and thought I'd share it here:

Just wanted to give you some advance notice so you can program your video
recorders.

The NBC Today Show segment that features Elizabeth Walters' recovery to ride
in the Middle TN Horse Trials is now scheduled for Monday, Nov 23.

A film crew from the NBC News Today Show was at the Middle Tennessee Horse
Trials in Nashville mid October. They came to profile a Pony Club member,
Elizabeth Walters (Peytona PC) who is currently in remission from cancer.

Attending the Middle TN horse trials was one of her goals that she used to
stay focused throughout 10 months of treatment at St. Jude's hospital.
Elizabeth finished the horse trials in 5th place for the Junior Training
Rider division. (3 of the 12 riders in her division did not finish the
cross country). Her cross country was clean, she just had some time
penalties. In stadium, she just knocked one rail.

After the stadium round, her mother made a presentation to the coach who
took care of her horse for the year of recovery and to thank all the Pony Club members nationwide that came to their aid.

Check out MTPC's new web site design at: www.mtn-ponyclub.org for a listing of current events.

saje
Nov. 18, 2009, 08:35 AM
Oh yeah! I'd forgotten about that :) Won't get to watch it unfortunately. Wonder if I'm in the background? I was walking my stadium at the same time she was, and was parked right next to them :)

Glad she had a good weekend, I saw a bit of her ride and she looked great out there!

RunForIt
Nov. 18, 2009, 06:38 PM
I have a niece who works in the Public Relations dept for St. Jude - does a LOT of organizing of fund raising - am making sure that Julie uses the MTPCHT video in as many presentations across the country as possible...SUPER EVENT!!!! :D :cool: :D

CookiePony
Nov. 18, 2009, 10:11 PM
I'm thrilled-- I will be at my mother's house during the broadcast so I will be able to show her what my hometown event is like. :cool:

RunForIt
Nov. 19, 2009, 06:18 PM
Julie told me last night that St. Jude used "the star" of the upcoming NBC broadcast in one of their mailings in August...and will be sure to use the NBC MTPC HT video as much as possible. :cool:

CookiePony
Nov. 23, 2009, 09:09 AM
Ack!! I slept right through it! But my mother saw it and I had wanted her to see it.

RunForIt
Nov. 23, 2009, 09:17 AM
Ack!! I slept right through it! But my mother saw it and I had wanted her to see it.

I was running...hopefully, the Today show will repost the clip on its internet site. Am also gonna see if niece got it for St. Jude....:cool: Have a great vacation!

RunForIt
Nov. 23, 2009, 10:06 AM
I was running...hopefully, the Today show will repost the clip on its internet site. Am also gonna see if niece got it for St. Jude....:cool: Have a great vacation!

here 'tis...last week I sent Julie (niece) the money I was going to spend on new boots for Rasta to sponsor her in running the Memphis 1/2 Marathon...every single dollar goes to cancer research at St. Jude. Amazing what a little duct tape can do...

This show is sooo timely...

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/34106347#34106347

saje
Nov. 23, 2009, 10:20 AM
RunForIt you beat me to it. I just watched it, and it's a really nice piece, it had me sniffling. Elizabeth is gorgeous, and I'm so glad she's come through this with flying colors. She looks great on a horse, and I wish her many many more years with her wonderful Montini.

And I was surprised to see that I *am* in it for a split second in the intro. The chestnut jumping out of the water is my Keogh :)

RunForIt
Nov. 23, 2009, 10:25 AM
RunForIt you beat me to it. I just watched it, and it's a really nice piece, it had me sniffling. Elizabeth is gorgeous, and I'm so glad she's come through this with flying colors. She looks great on a horse, and I wish her many many more years with her wonderful Montini.

And I was surprised to see that I *am* in it for a split second in the intro. The chestnut jumping out of the water is my Keogh :)

hee hee - my eyes aren't so bad after all...was gonna check my photos from the Becky clinic to see if POSSIBLY...hope all is well up TN way! :cool:

NeverTime
Nov. 23, 2009, 10:51 AM
I saw it this morning and thought it was a really nice piece. Good for Elizabeth and Montini, and how nice to see such positive (if tangential) publicity for eventing in association with a great cause like St. Jude's!