View Full Version : AAARRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov. 17, 2009, 03:26 PM
Aight, last summer I got 2 kitties to fill the void Mrs Cat left when she passed.

Now, I and Mr Alagirl have a mushy heart (each) and sucker stamped across our foreheads.

Mr Fuzzy cat showed up a few weeks ago. All fuzzy, black and white, something with one eye (deemed him the nickname 'cat with no eye' long story I can retell later) somehow he earned the name Sylvester last week or so (you know where this is headed)

2 resident cats are not eager to share their space, but Sylvester was so skinny, we started putting him some food out, mostly leftovers from the spoiled kids. served in the carport.

Direction still clear, right, another, bigger, fuzzy cat is now turning up in the carport (where were all those critters when the house was vacant?!) causing more ruckus.

And of course a neighbor's dog has discovered the source of yummie food. so this morning I have 2 kids, Sylvester and dog...the latter barking at my front door, waiting for her to start scratching, she's be in the house if I let her, but with no manner and being rude (in a nice adorable way, but still a pest) no way, no how.

Now, I suppose I take dog home and ask owners to put her up

and call vet to have Sylvester seen...and maybe get him a home of his own, he is sweet... but one too many....

Anybody needs a cat with no eye?

Nov. 17, 2009, 03:46 PM
Anybody needs a cat with no eye?

Can I trade you for a lame horse ;)

Nov. 17, 2009, 03:54 PM
Can I trade you for a lame horse ;)

Deal, maybe I can trade it for some magic beans?:lol:

Nov. 17, 2009, 07:51 PM
no, WAIT, you are the one who will get to trade the cat in for the beans.....

nvm then....

Nov. 17, 2009, 11:21 PM
Oh, I'm no help...Mr. CC and I now have 5 cats. In the house. Along with 5 dogs (thankfully, only 2 of them in the house). Just introduce them slowly. Boy cats are generally pretty accepting of other cats. Hopefully he's young enough that he hasn't started marking his territory. We've successfully introduced 3 new cats (well, probably 6 if you count those that either died under anaesthesia or by coyote) over the last 5 years.

Nov. 18, 2009, 02:13 AM
Best introductions I have done were to put the new cat-without the old cats seeing, you have to be sneaky about it- in a spare room (we use the bathroom). Everyone gets to smell each other and get used to the idea under the door. When the old cats are out, or sleeping in another room let Sylvester out to explore the house. Really all it takes is a few days of this and they will all get over themselves .

Good luck , because I think this cat might have chosen you

Nov. 18, 2009, 02:23 AM
They know each other, don't like each other, but they have met.

Sylvester needs to see the vet tho first.

And boy do I dread that trip....:no: