PDA

View Full Version : Where to get replacement hubcaps for a trailer?

xitmom
Nov. 17, 2009, 01:12 PM
I am looking for replacements to the plastic hubcaps that go over the very ugly steel rims on my older 3H GN Featherlite. The caps that I have now (I think from an autoparts store) are not compatible with the tire's valve stems and let the air out of one of my tires.... luckily there were no horses in the trailer at the time. I can't seem to find them listed in the accessories section of online trailer stores. Ideas, anyone?

pippa553
Nov. 17, 2009, 01:49 PM
When I lost one the hubcaps on my trailer I called up the manufaturer. They suggested Walmart. :rolleyes:

grinanride
Nov. 17, 2009, 02:15 PM
If you want to cover the enitire wheel what you will be looking for are called wheel simulators -

http://www.autoamenity.com/Wheel-Simulators/Trailer-Wheel-Simulator.htm

Risa
HappyTrailsTrailers.com
BalancedRideTrailers.com

goodhors
Nov. 17, 2009, 02:23 PM
I used to get hubcaps at a junkyard when I lost one. Generic Moon type caps then, were not very expensive. No hubcaps on the stock trailer we have now, came capless!

xitmom
Nov. 17, 2009, 03:25 PM
grinanride- Wow, those wheel simulators are sweet! Not inexpensive, but really nice. It might be time to start hinting to DH for a Christmas present under the tree!

ponygirl
Nov. 18, 2009, 08:38 PM
grinanride- Wow, those wheel simulators are sweet! Not inexpensive, but really nice. It might be time to start hinting to DH for a Christmas present under the tree!

I have these on my new trailer and I love them! They add the finishing touch!