PDA

View Full Version : RIP Red Ransom

vineyridge
Nov. 17, 2009, 10:08 AM
That leaves Dynaformer as the last of the great sire sons of Roberto who stood most of their careers in North America.

RR was euthanized as the result of surgery complications. He was a good source of stamina and will be missed as yet another sire link to Hail To Reason and Turn-To. Bred by Paul Mellon from a Damascus mare (Arabia), RR, like so many Mellon horses, was the product of a superb pedigree, and was able to pass those qualities on to so many of his offspring.

KentuckyTBs
Nov. 17, 2009, 10:42 AM
Crap. This is the stuff I miss out on while I'm off on maternity leave! The farm I work for owned all/part of him.... not real certain but I never got to meet him since he's on another continent! RIP Red Ransom!

Lady Counselor
Nov. 17, 2009, 10:45 AM
:cry:
Damn. I have an offspring of his in my barn, a big black horse. RIP RR.

EventingChase
Nov. 17, 2009, 10:49 AM
My sister's event horse is a Red Ransom baby. He is such a sweet, classy horse! RIP

cbsh13
Nov. 17, 2009, 01:22 PM
as EventingChase said I have a Red Ransom baby (Cockleshell). We call him "Ransom" cause his previous owners and I were not creative at all! He raced on turf and is now my eventer! He is the sweetest, kindest horse and isn't too bad at his job either!! RIP RR!

VirginiaBred
Nov. 17, 2009, 01:25 PM
Hate to read this. RIP Red Ransom. :( A Virginia bred (by Paul Mellon).

Spotted Pony
Nov. 19, 2009, 04:14 PM
Red Ransom was part of the first crop of babies that I rode at Rokeby. I have a 6 yr old gelding by him that is bound for the jumper ring -