PDA

View Full Version : O'Connor/Wieschhoff Clinic Blog!

Kairoshorses
Nov. 16, 2009, 09:05 PM
I'm running a bit behind...but a couple weeks ago, I went to a FANTASTIC clinic with Karen O'Connor and Cathy Wieschhoff (and Max Corcoran!) at Holly Hill, and BOY did I learn a lot!

As per usual, I blogged it:

http://kocclinic.blogspot.com/

I just wanted to say that I SO appreciate these incredible horsewomen who take the time to make sure that we have the FUN-damentals of good riding DOWN. I wish I had the opportunity to ride with these women on a regular basis; THINK how much I'd know! :lol:

Really, though, they were amazing, and yet they still understand what's important....when I got frustrated in SJ on the second day, Karen kept saying to me "Enjoy the journey!!". And yes, I have goals (one of which I met last weekend), but it really is the journey that makes it all worthwhile.

clpony
Nov. 16, 2009, 09:22 PM
i so enjoyed reading your blog.
you are quite lucky to have had this experience. i was signed up to ride with karen in a clinic that was subsequently canceled. i just lived a bit vicariously through your experience.
thank you!

Eventer55
Nov. 17, 2009, 05:43 AM
You should go to the "Voices" section of the new chronicle and put your review there with the others. It's a great section. I believe you have to submit it to the authorities and they post it, anyway it's a good place to find clinic reviews.

Auburn
Nov. 17, 2009, 07:47 AM
I really enjoyed reading about your clinic experience. You did a great job of explaining the concepts. Thank you for sharing it with us. :)

circusponydreams
Nov. 17, 2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks for posting this! I always enjoy clinic reports. I like the idea of getting a good FORWARD canter first so you have something to work with when you go to adjust - that is something I hear in my lessons, too.