PDA

View Full Version : Rich Rebel

ArthurGuinness
Nov. 16, 2009, 08:50 PM
I also posted this on the breeding forum, but I thought someone here might be familiar with this stud.I have a lovely ISH gelding by a TB, Rich Rebel. I have heard that he is a pretty big stud in Ireland however I cant find any pics or information on him. The only thing I can find
is a few of his babies. Does anyone know of him?
My horse is out of Heather Blossom whos grandsire is the great King of Diamonds so it seems as though he was somewhat well breed.
I am intreged by this stud and would greatly appreciate it if anyone had any info.
Thanks!

columbus
Nov. 17, 2009, 01:10 AM
www.irishsporthorse.com
you can search on his name for a list of news items with him. also the Publications will have the current stallion books. He had a son at the Bejing Olympics but I cant think which country or placing. If you have his Green Book you can mine more information. I found an RID mare with the name Heather Blossom by Flagmount Diamond who is a King of DIamonds but no Rich Rebel offspring listed. There is another mare Heather Blosem who DOES have Rich Rebel offspring. She is an AID mare by Laughtons Flight who is another King of Diamonds. You can find this in the Publication Irish Draught Mare Book 06. If Heather Blosem is his dam then that is especially wonderful as there is a lovely half brother in the US called Hennesey...an RID by Townrath Pride. You can see more of him at www.kilkellyfarm.com he is a regular winner at the Irish Draught Nationals. Hope to see your fellow there as well. PatO

ArthurGuinness
Nov. 17, 2009, 09:44 AM
Columbus thank you so much for all the info! My guy is out of Heather Blosem. Im sorry about the misspelling in my previous post. I am going to check out the info you gave me right now.
By the way here is a pic of my guy. He is super green and this is at his first show.

http://www.chronicleofmyhorse.com/profile/LaurenLucht

I just checked out Hennesey he is ablolutely lovely!

Groro
Nov. 17, 2009, 11:52 AM
I know Rich Rebel's owner, Liam Kennely,(sp)ho lives near Templemore, County Tipperary. I've seen the stallion and his offpring. They are very nice.

ArthurGuinness
Nov. 17, 2009, 08:37 PM
Groro, do you happen to have Liam or Sean's address I would love to write to them about my guy!

columbus
Nov. 17, 2009, 10:13 PM
Hennessy is more than lovely, he is an Irish Draught star. He is good at everything he tries. If I can breed an Irish Draught as fine I will feel very proud. I did a search on "heather blosem" and came up with a couple of full brothers eventing in Great Britain. His sire is very good but his dam is even better. PatO

ArthurGuinness
Nov. 18, 2009, 09:16 AM
PatO
I agree Hennesey is a star. My horse has a very similar jumping style and a very similar face as well. My guy is 7. I bought him a year ago and he was a total restart. Someone imported him at 4 as a field hunter and really blew his mind. The owner could no longer ride the horse so he said "put him down or give him away!". Thank goodness they decided on the latter. The young lady that picked him up turned him out for a year. When she started him up again he was just to much horse and that is how I aquired him. He has turned out to be such a nice guy and is getting better everyday.
Sorry to ramble on, it is just amazing to me how someone can just ruin a horse and throw it out. Not to mention a really nice horse.
I am so lucky that this horse is mine now. He is my once and a lifetime guy!