PDA

View Full Version : Looking for gelding Piety

summerly
Nov. 16, 2009, 12:40 PM
Looking for a gelding named Piety. Last I could find he was for sale in PA but all leads have come to dead end. Chesnut with lots of chrome, would be about six or seven. Need to know his location, will help if he's in trouble. Has retired from racing but can't locate him. Please help PA peeps!

DickHertz
Nov. 16, 2009, 03:45 PM
It always helps in these situations to list who the last trainer was. Trainers, most of them anyway, often know where the horse went after it left their care.

mht
Nov. 16, 2009, 06:21 PM
Last race I can find is at Penn National, $4k claimers, June 4/09, trainer was H. Thompson, Jr.

AC4H
Nov. 16, 2009, 07:51 PM
Looking for a gelding named Piety. Last I could find he was for sale in PA but all leads have come to dead end. Chesnut with lots of chrome, would be about six or seven. Need to know his location, will help if he's in trouble. Has retired from racing but can't locate him. Please help PA peeps!

interestingly enough... this last could of weeks has been chaotic with the TB's Lisa and I have been super busy. This thread was brought to my attention because of this horse. Short version... 3 TB's wind up in need purchased for slaughter story was they were given away 4th one Chestnut was reported to be with them not ID'd by us because he broke his leg in kill pen and was put down immediately. When we did our research a lady named Christine had them and I did contact her she claims she has Piety and that he wasn't the one who broke his leg - can't verify but she claims she has this horse after she claimed that he was traded and I do have all the correspondence stating such... so you may want to contact her http://www.equinepost.com/freeclassifieds/viewdetail.asp?id=7121&CatID=16

summerly
Nov. 16, 2009, 08:25 PM
I am a little confused by your post AC4H and the link did not work for me when I clicked on it! I hope I am not too late to help this wonderful horse. If you(or anybody) could get me a contact number or email I will arrange to ship the horse to my farm where he can live out his life if possible. My husband fell in love with him when he trained him as an assistant for Frankel and I would love to bring him back home! He deserves that!

Creaghgal
Nov. 16, 2009, 09:15 PM
Hope it all works out.

Crossing fingers!

AC4H
Nov. 16, 2009, 09:18 PM
I am a little confused by your post AC4H and the link did not work for me when I clicked on it! I hope I am not too late to help this wonderful horse. If you(or anybody) could get me a contact number or email I will arrange to ship the horse to my farm where he can live out his life if possible. My husband fell in love with him when he trained him as an assistant for Frankel and I would love to bring him back home! He deserves that!

Sorry - didn't mean to confuse you. Her name is Christine. I spoke with her in conjunction with the others who were reportedly given to her then wound up being sold through auction and purchased for slaughter. They were all saved. Her email to me stated she has this horse. Her email addy is clarkssummitink@yahoo.com please let me know how you make out and if he is indeed there.

edited to add if you want to contact me privately info@ac4h.com will be happy to share more if this is still confusing.

Christy www.ac4h.com

summerly
Nov. 16, 2009, 09:35 PM
Thanks Christy
I have emailed Chrisitine and am waiting to hear back, fingers crossed......I will keep you posted! Thank you once again!!!

summerly
Nov. 17, 2009, 11:42 AM
The waiting is killing me. My husband is very anxious to make sure at the least the horse is safe from a uncertain future. Ahhhhh, poor Piety....We are attending Frankel's service today(RIP Bobby) I would love to tell the Juddmonte boys( the breeder's and friends of ours) that he is safe and hopefully on his way to us here! Fingers crossed!!!

DickHertz
Nov. 17, 2009, 01:36 PM
Not to sound like a hardass because your love for the horse is apparent...but when I read "Updated to Urgent", that implies that you talked to the person who had him and they said they sold him to a feedlot in New Jersey or something.

summerly
Nov. 17, 2009, 02:41 PM
I was under the impression that the horse was in a feedlot somewhere. The one response was confusing to me, but has since been striaghtened out. Still actually waiting for some contact to see if he is with the aforementioned person or not.

tbracer65
Nov. 18, 2009, 12:40 PM
I was under the impression that the horse was in a feedlot somewhere. The one response was confusing to me, but has since been striaghtened out. Still actually waiting for some contact to see if he is with the aforementioned person or not.

Summerly....did you ever hear back from her? Surprising she didn't call you back right away if she had the horse & you were offering a good home...

summerly
Nov. 18, 2009, 12:54 PM
I haven't heard anything and both my husband and I are quite disappointed at this point but maybe he will turn up or some kind of news will come forth. It is quite frustrating though. Still hoping...

Calamber
Nov. 18, 2009, 08:29 PM
Does not sound good. I would contact the auction barn and see if they id'd the horse they put down. Sorry, but sounds like this person does not want to contact you.

summerly
Nov. 18, 2009, 09:39 PM
I have made one final effort to contact the person thought to be in possesion of him. I suppose I will look into contacting the auction house like you said tomorrow if I get no response. Not something I look forward to doing in fear of bad news....

TBCollector
Nov. 18, 2009, 10:11 PM
Keep trying. Don't give up until you can at least find out what the hell is going on.

MintHillFarm
Nov. 19, 2009, 08:39 AM
Can you find a phone number?? I would try that. Sometimes email addresses change and you won't neccessarily get a bounce back message...

summerly
Nov. 19, 2009, 11:55 AM
Well since I still had no contact from the person who was thought to be in possesion of Piety I called the former trainer in regards to any info he might be able to give me. He said to me he was contacted that the horse was indeed in a kill pen after his owner had thought he had given him to a reputible home. But his owner did put up the money to get him out and now thought he was given to somebody in Florida. Although he could not be one hundred percent sure that he actually went there.
So that's what I know to this point. Still no other contacts or info. So I guess I will keep looking and broaden my search to FLorida.....

Serendipitystable
Nov. 19, 2009, 11:53 PM
Hi, I know who this Christine is....lives 5 minutes from me. She has a gelding named Pioty listed on Dreamhorse. Here is the link to the ad, I hope it works.

http://www.dreamhorse.com/show_horse.php?form_horse_id=1470526&share_this=Y

Please let me know how you make out.
My best,
Kim

Serendipitystable
Nov. 19, 2009, 11:58 PM
Christine's daughter Adele also has a Piety (different spelling) listed for sale, same location but it sounds like a different horse.
Here is the link to that ad, I hope you find him

http://www.dreamhorse.com/show_horse.php?form_horse_id=1443213&share_this=Y

Kim

summerly
Nov. 20, 2009, 11:34 AM
I received a phone call after many placed from Christine that she indeed had Piety. She said all was in good order with him and she had him for most of the summer, although he is listed for sale on dreamhorse, with two different spellings. She had also received various emails that this same horse had been in the kill pen, broke his leg, was put down etc. But she swears the horse has never left her property and is there now if I would like to come see him. Supposedly this horse is mistaken for another from the same trainer, I guess that could be the only reasoning. Although there is some conflicting stories between trainer and such. I have viewed the dreamhorse ad and it is the same horse. Although the sale ad is dated from August. I guess that's all I have to go on to this point and since I am in CA I can't check it out for myself. I don't think I'll rest until somebody does actually eyeball his actual home and condition.

MintHillFarm
Nov. 20, 2009, 11:54 AM
Are you going to try and get him?

summerly
Nov. 20, 2009, 01:00 PM
But leaning towards yes, she said they had plans to show the horse but then I heard they are also downsizing. A lot of conflicting stories right now makes me want him home with me even more.

DickHertz
Nov. 20, 2009, 01:19 PM
I would wager $500 that if you overnighted a check to her for $500 that the horse would be yours by that afternoon.

Lady Counselor
Nov. 20, 2009, 04:22 PM
Good luck! I hope you can get him and give him a home. Keep us posted. :)

KBEquine
Nov. 20, 2009, 06:04 PM
I've got a digital camera & know how to use it . . . if you need help "seeing" him, just let me know.