PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong of me to laugh

foggybok
Nov. 15, 2009, 01:41 PM
when the chickens chase my big mean cat?

My 25 lb (not fat) cat terrorizes my 40# dog just by walking into the room. Now, one of my Ameraucanas has decided she likes chasing the cat. Yesterday they went round and round a tree in the pasture. Today, she chased him right up the tree in the back yard... She comes across the yard to chase him.....

Alagirl
Nov. 15, 2009, 01:44 PM
Video, or it didn't happen!

(I'd pee my pants!) :lol:

yventer
Nov. 15, 2009, 09:36 PM
One of my barn cats tries to rub up against the chickens. The look they give her is priceless!

Lazy Palomino Hunter
Nov. 15, 2009, 09:39 PM
It does sound pretty funny!

My 25 lb (not fat) cat

What the heck kind of cat is he?!?! That's HUGE!

foggybok
Nov. 16, 2009, 12:36 AM
It does sound pretty funny!

What the heck kind of cat is he?!?! That's HUGE!

I'd like to believe he is a Norwegian Forest Cat (being a good Norwegian), but alas he is a stray and who knows what he is so DLH it is....

http://www.coastsideceramics.com/sitebuilder/images/chest-347x498.jpg

OK, he has a little pouch, but that's mostly hair.....

Catersun
Nov. 16, 2009, 08:27 AM
i second the request of video of chicken chasing cat!

Loves to ride
Nov. 16, 2009, 08:41 AM
Not a chicken but... Not sure if should have laughed at this ...

When my son was a toddler he was fascinated with the chickens at the barn so he'd follow them all over the place. They of course would run away.

Well after a few days of this, one of the chickens decided it had had enough so it stopped.

It slowly turned and faced my son.

My son stopped.

Son and chicken are now having a stare down.

Chicken takes a deep breath and shoots straight up in the air, wings flapping like crazy and loudly squawks at about eye level, a very loud shreak!

Son leaps backward, lands on his butt.

Chicken lands, satisfied that it has made it's point and calmly struts off.

Son still enjoys chickens..

Note, no chickens or children were harmed in the telling of this story. :D

I really did almost pee my pants laughing.

You really do need a video of the chicken and the cat!

chai
Nov. 16, 2009, 10:59 AM
Lol, you have to watch those chickens. They can be Ninjas in disguise. I felt sorry for a rooster and a hen that someone left taped inside trash cans on the loading dock of my feed store so I brought them home.
The Rooster thanked me by meeting my teenage son as he got off the school bus and chased him across the yard around the house in full view of the bus. He attacked everything from the dog to the broom and later someone let it slip at the farm store that he had been a fighting rooster. Funny...nobody mentioned it the day I took him home....
He was a character and even though he was totally crazy, he was magnificent and I was sad when he met an untimely end with a Fisher cat. My son did a dance of joy.

kookicat
Nov. 17, 2009, 06:23 AM
I would also love to see video! :D

lcw579
Nov. 17, 2009, 11:24 AM
Add me to the list of those wanting a video.

Loves to Ride - it is a shame you didn't get a video of the toddler/chicken stare down. I would have been laughing too if it had been one of my kids!

Chai - it wasn't a chicken but a duck that used to chase me around when I was a girl. It was like an episode of When Easter Ducklings Go Bad :lol: That thing used to chase me all around the house and bite my bottom - hard!

LauraKY
Nov. 17, 2009, 01:07 PM
Someone dropped off attack geese on our lake. Neighbor really gets a chuckle seeing me go after them with the lunge whip!

gettingbettereveryday
Nov. 17, 2009, 03:23 PM
Our big orange barn cat is having an interspecies love affair with our dainty miniature white poodle. They make moony eyes at each other through the glass of the back door, and when we let the poodle out, she races over to her lover-cat, and they rub all over each other and then chase each other around. She will lick his ears and sniff his butt, and he rubs against her and purrs loud enough to be heard across the yard. All too often, the cat tries to sneak in the backdoor, not to take advantage of the plush surroundings but to commune with his Juliet. Ah, star-crossed love...

Meanwhile, the chickens reign supreme in the barn, terrorizing every creature from the geese to the barn cats to the other poodles. I would have thought the geese would be at the top of the food chain in the barn, but they are big babies when it comes to facing down the chickens. And, yes, I laugh every time our 40# standard poodle races by as she's chased by a mad hen.

Daydream Believer
Nov. 17, 2009, 06:25 PM
I witnessed a similar event years ago when I was a teenager back on our family farm. We had a yellow Banty hen that had some peeps. The old orange tom cat decided he was going to have peep for dinner. Well, he pounced on a peep and that old hen was on him right away. She was clawing at his head and back and beating him with her wings. He took off running and she chased him around the barn twice. I was in hysterics it was so funny.

The peepie was Ok too...Momma got to him in time.

Huckleberry86
Nov. 17, 2009, 10:39 PM
Funny stuff! In my house its the 130 gram quaker parrot that rules the roost and will quite happily chase 60# dogs if given the chance! Luckily they have not discovered he is a bite sized snack.