PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up for The Ark!

pegasusmom
Nov. 15, 2009, 07:06 AM
Thanks to lecoeurtriste and her crowd for a great day yesterday at the first Frostbite show of the season. If you haven't been in awhile you should - they have done a great job of improving the amenities and it gets better every time we show there. Lots of friendly folks, well run, and the XC footing was very good despite the rain. Their new agravator really does the trick!

And the YP continued his Ark tradition as my four year old Aussie Stock Horse mare made her eventing debut finishing on her dressage score to bring home a blue ribbon!:D

ThirdCharm
Nov. 15, 2009, 09:24 AM
The xc footing was astonishingly good after the three days of rain we had this week. I was really pleased with my two, my 17h 4 yo Irish/Trak mare finished on her dressage score for fourth in her first BN (third show ever), and my 5 yo TB mare did the Training CT and had one rail down. Blue ribbon due to lack of competition!

Your little mare, Dana, is VERY cute!

Jennifer

lecoeurtriste
Nov. 15, 2009, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the kind words! We could have done without 3 full days of rain (6" +) before the event, but now we know that the aerovator is worth its weight in gold (no puddles, no run-off, and no slippery/boggy spots)! Yesterday was a terrific day for a horse show, and we're glad that so many riders supported our continuing efforts to improve the facility and footing!

Perhaps the pretty black pony will come back for her BN debut in January or February and continue her rider's streak??

pegasusmom
Nov. 15, 2009, 04:15 PM
That pretty black pony will most likely be back in December for her BN debut. And will most likely be playing at the recognized show the end of February as well. . . :D

SuperEventer
Nov. 15, 2009, 06:01 PM
I had an excellent time at The Ark yesterday! My stallion did his second BN HT (he's only been under tack since April...), and though the llamas were pretty scary, and he's still a bit green, I was THRILLED with how much he learned and grew up as the show went on.

Abbey and crew did a SPECTACULAR job on the show. I hope to bring Mr. Studly and my recovered Prelim boy back in January. :)

Thanks again for an awesome show!!

LuckyStar
Nov. 16, 2009, 09:47 AM
We nearly went to this but came up short on transportation. Looking forward to trying a visit to the ark later in the frostbite series!