PDA

View Full Version : Where to find a double-jointed pelham...in pony size.

mg
Nov. 14, 2009, 09:54 AM
I've been searching relentlessly for a double-jointed pelham (pref. short shanked) in a 4.75".

My pony goes in a HS KK ultra for dressage and seems to like the mouthpiece a lot. However, the HS pelhams a. don't come in his size, and b. put the price I paid for the snaffle to shame. I don't have $250 to spend on a bit!

The only ones I've been able to find are either overseas and/or super expensive. The best bet I've found thus far is http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=X1-01147&cn=1468&bhcd2=1258208977 (the Stubben EZ control pelham), but at $95 (I've seen it for $90 other places...not much of a difference!), it's still not too gentle on the pocketbook.

I'd be willing to spend a little more money if I knew the bit would work out, but I don't know of anyone with similar bits that I could try (even if they would be too big...which I know they would!).

Is my search hopeless? Or does someone here know of a secretly amazing website with the product I need? At this point I'd even be willing to try a flexible rubber mullen mouth, but I haven't been able to find one of those in his size either :(