PDA

View Full Version : Australian CCI****

Tootsie
Nov. 12, 2009, 11:02 PM
This is just a reminder that what used to be the Adelaide CCI**** is going on this weekend. It is still being held in Adelaide just the name has changed. The website is doing live scoring and it seems to be keeping up on it fairly well. http://www.australian3de.com.au/

Because of the heat the x-c has been shortened from 11 minutes to 8 minutes already. And the Trans Tasman competition is going on as well. New Zealand against Australia. The teams aren't clearly labeled but if you look at the schedule (not the results) the riders with stars next to their names are the riders for each team. In case anyone is interested in following it.

Tootsie
Nov. 13, 2009, 06:50 PM
Just an update. The x-c action has started in Adelaide and they are doing the live scoring on the website still. The CCI** is going first, than the CIC**, than the CCI****. There is a Christmas parade in Adelaide this morning so they run the big class after that is all done.

Megan Jones and Kirby Park Irish Jester are winning on a 34.7 after dressage. 8.5 points ahead of the second place rider.

bornfreenowexpensive
Nov. 13, 2009, 07:08 PM
wish there was video...but the pictures look great so far (some great outfits for the jog up!).

Everything looks green....and warm. Damn it...I hate winter and it is just starting over here:(

Hope it is a good event for everyone and doesn't get too hot.

broughton_sporthorses
Nov. 14, 2009, 01:24 AM
There are live results here:

http://www.australian3de.com.au/pages/results.html

Megan Jones has had a stop on xc which is a shame.

Stuart Tinney on Vettori is leading after xc.

pegasusmom
Nov. 15, 2009, 08:10 AM
Like the method of posting scores! What was Fence 24 on the 4* course?

Tootsie
Nov. 15, 2009, 01:41 PM
If you go to www.kirbypark.com they have all of the fences on all of the courses. There should be links on the main page.

Kudos to Megan and Jester who came in 3rd with a stop and 28 time penalties.

Equa
Nov. 15, 2009, 06:20 PM
BornFree - be careful what you wish for! Adelaide was soooooo hot (but dry, so OK for horses, better than humid!). I have just returned, and am still feeling a bit wrung-out after 3 days of 40 degree (that's Celcius) heat. Great event, though!

JFS
Nov. 15, 2009, 06:23 PM
If you look at the results from events that use Start Box there is a line near the top that says XC details. If you click on that it will give you the jump by jump results. I'm trying to get them to list the names of the jumps with the numbers, but apparently that would be a programing problem for so many different events.

Jackie

Equa
Nov. 16, 2009, 03:39 AM
Fence 24 was two massive apexes + brush. The big problem was the Normandy Bank, which horses seemed to misread, and then had to contend with a skaty surface on top. The third horse through, Chief Justice, jumped up, slid a bit and couldn't make the bounce of the frangible-pinned (I think?) little rolltop that was meant to be bounced. The frame smashed and the horse (whose rider, Tallara Barwick remained immensely calm) just froze in place on top of the Bank. Tal sensibly let him stand (and fortunately didn't get off!!!). The crash crew raced to remove the busted jump, Tal had a confab with the TDs, who agreed she could get off, to back the horse off the bank, down the landing ramp. She was allowed to get back on, jump a 2* fence, then continue on her merry way! They completed with 40 penalties and some time, and showjumped brilliantly the next day. Makes you wonder about non-solid XC fences. They seem to cause more problems (and accidents) than they solve.

mandalea
Nov. 16, 2009, 04:42 AM
Have been lazy and not watching it :uhoh:

Computer is being silly, and mucking up all the text - so, how's Shane Rose doing ? Went to his place the other week when he was training, and he was looking pretty good.

How about Heath Ryan ?

Equa
Nov. 16, 2009, 08:09 PM
Shane had stops on Lucky (bounce into water and somewhere else) and Heath was eliminated after 3 stops.

Check out the XC pics!

http://www.horsedeals.com.au/gallery.php?restrict=&showID=9034

mandalea
Nov. 18, 2009, 05:33 AM
Wendy's pic looks awesome !

Poor Shane ! Lucky was looking so good !

And I think it's about time Heath stopped winning all the Events :lol: Not fair for the Eventers ! :lol:

Equa
Nov. 18, 2009, 07:30 AM
But Heath didn't win, even the dressage. he was eliminated. Sorry, but are you looking at the final results?

STUART TINNEY won the 4**** on Vettori (I wish there had been a book - I had my money on this combination!). I also had my money on NZ's Clarke Johnston and Orient Express - who came 6th.

mandalea
Nov. 19, 2009, 03:55 AM
I know Heath didn't win it ?

He's won the past few CCI's. And CIC's. And even ones like Camden CNC and such. He's been flogging them in both Eventing and Dressage

broughton_sporthorses
Nov. 19, 2009, 04:35 AM
I think Heath can also be classified as an Eventer by now.

He actually hasn't won very much since he had his stroke. And winners deserve to win, who cares if they win everything! They are obviously doing something right, aren't they?

And wasn't Camden where he had his stroke?? The most recent Camden he only won the 1*...

And Brett Parbery has been flogging everyone in dressage ;)

But anyway, congratulations to everyone who competed :)