PDA

View Full Version : Looking for more info on this TB at Suffolk

kdriding
Nov. 12, 2009, 02:41 PM
I am looking into bringing this guy home from Suffolk this weekend. I was try to look up his pedigree and race record but am having no luck. I am not a member to any of those sites. Can someone help me out?

Dark Bay, 16 hands, 3 years old

"I'm a Buckaroo" very sweet guy who is lightly raced. Just not fast enough so his owner would like him to move onto a new career. Very nice to ride to the track - no problems. John Smith 856.882.6790 (he still has his NH # too). John said people can call 352.361.6007 and ask for Charlie as he will be at the track for another week.

Here is a bad pic of him:
http://www.canterne.org/images-salehorses/ImaBuckaroo.jpg

I can't tell if he is over at the knee or if the pic just caught him before he was about to step forward.

Any insight on his bloodlines would also be appreciated. I am looking for a hunter/jumper prospect for an ammy adult.

TIA!! :)

Cammie
Nov. 12, 2009, 02:53 PM
You'll have to contact CANTER and get them to recheck the name. There are no matches for "I'm a Buckaroo" or any close variations listed with The Jockey Club.......

kdriding
Nov. 12, 2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks Cammie!! I'll put in a call now.

Barnfairy
Nov. 12, 2009, 02:56 PM
Well, I can tell you his name is actually I'm Your Buckaroo.

I don't know him or his trainer but here's his pedigree/tabulated race record: I'm Your Buckaroo (http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/fc_display.cgi?userfile=P2434682071022)

and the charts from his short career:

I'm Your Buckaroo (http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHorseInfo.cfm?refno=7771619&registry=T)

Cammie
Nov. 12, 2009, 03:04 PM
Aha, mystery solved. Got to admit, I'm laughing over the fact that he's by Tree, who is out of Trunk. :lol:

kdriding
Nov. 12, 2009, 03:55 PM
Thanks guys! I just got off the phone with the trainer and I'm Your Buckaroo is correct. Someone is looking at him tomrrow at 10 :( I really wanted to go pick him up in the morning.

kdriding
Nov. 12, 2009, 10:04 PM
Change of plans. The trainer called and that girl is not coming in now. So I am off tomorrow.

Anyone have any insite on his breeding?

danceronice
Nov. 13, 2009, 12:36 PM
*shrug* I like seeing Admiral's Voyage and Count Fleet. Not hot on Raise a Native and Native Dancer, especially RAN's bad ankles. But it depends on what you want to do with him. I'm not seeing any of the BIG sport-horse names, but nothing really bad, either.

Barnfairy
Nov. 13, 2009, 03:15 PM
Did you get him?

I don't mind seeing RAN once. It's when he's there two, three times that gives me pause.

They're far back but I really like Bold Ruler and Sir Gaylord/Turn-To for sport.

Say...are you the same person who had Idol Gina?

MintHillFarm
Nov. 13, 2009, 08:52 PM
Did you go see him??

kdriding
Nov. 13, 2009, 09:44 PM
I did. He came home with me today. Wicked nice boy. He is a little upright in the front but I hate how his feet were just done, even for racing feet. So my farrier is going to come out and get his racing plates off him and I'll see what he thinks. He won't be 4 until May 6th and he is going through a growth spirt right now. His butt is at least 2 inches above his wither. His knees and ankles looked great. He is a super sweet boy. Walked right on the trailer without a care in the world and started eating hay. When we got home he walked right off like an old pro. He had no idea what to think of the small older pony that he saw, but other than that he took everything in stride. I just got back from riding my other charges tonight. I hand walked him in our indoor and he didn't bat an eye lash. I was very impressed.

I am hoping he will be my hunter, or maybe my daugther's hunter.

I did have Idol Gina. He made it very clear he didn't want to be a show horse. I sold him to a great girl in CT who was having a blast with him last I heard from her.

Barnfairy
Nov. 13, 2009, 09:54 PM
Congratulations!

Oh I know, I've seen some real beauts for shoeing jobs come off the track. :rolleyes: :dead: Don't worry, he's young and his feet will definitely improve with correct trims.

Good luck with him!

Sorry to hear Idol Gina didn't work out for you, but I'm glad he's found a good situation!

kdriding
Nov. 13, 2009, 10:16 PM
Thanks! His feet are actually great if you ignore the fact they actually took all his toe off!!! Very healthy hoof walls. I am used to them coming off with long toes and no heals. I think once he grows some toe back his pasterns won't be so upright. He is sound, I just think they have his angles all screwed up. I would really like to take his shoes off and just let his feet be for the winter, but I don't want to make him foot sore. He isn't going to be doing much besides some light hacking this winter. I want to give his body a chance to grow up. :)