PDA

View Full Version : Rolex + Kentucky Cups

vineyridge
Nov. 12, 2009, 10:38 AM
I got the email. I'm lusting for the six days in April.

Sort of like the WEG, but a lot cheaper.

Who else is pointing for that?

DLee
Nov. 12, 2009, 10:41 AM
I'm actually kind of dreading the WEG now. :(
Rolex should be so good!

Regal Grace
Nov. 12, 2009, 11:20 AM
I got the email. I'm lusting for the six days in April.

Sort of like the WEG, but a lot cheaper.

Who else is pointing for that?

Me! Already booked a room (for now) but will not commit to purchase Rolex tix until the March deadline. I am coming from the NYC area. It will depend on the cost of air fare, how busy it will be at my job and what my finances will be at that time given what an awful year it's been so far (Limited O/T and bonus). So I hope and keep my fingers crossed Otherwise, I will be purchasing the Live Feed webcast they've offered these past few years.

Gry2Yng
Nov. 12, 2009, 04:38 PM
I must not be on the "in" list. What are you talking about?

khp vol
Nov. 12, 2009, 04:58 PM
I must not be on the "in" list. What are you talking about?

It's like a mini-WEG. The WEG dressage test goes from Tues. April 20-Thurs. April 22.

The Rolex serves as the WEG eventing test and goes at its regular time, Thurs. thru Sun. April 22-25.

The WEG show jumping test is Fri.thru Sun. April 23-25. (If you're wondering, it's 7-10 P.M.)

It should be a WILD week.

vineyridge
Nov. 12, 2009, 05:33 PM
Here is the schedule:
http://www.rk3de.org/event_schedule.html

AND all of the dressage except the freestyle is fee free. The ticket for the freestyle is only $15 bucks.

For show jumping the big event Saturday night is $25, and the Speed Test on Sunday evening is $15. Friday night's SJ Warmup is free.
http://www.rk3de.org/testevents.html

Since everything starts with dressage on Tuesday and one would leave either late Sunday or Monday, I'm thinking about a solid week in Lexington.

Winner's Circle doesn't start taking reservations for Rolex week until January 1, 2010. :D

Now what we need to know is whether the Equestrian Club and the Patrons Club also cover the WEG tests in dressage and SJ.

Gry2Yng
Nov. 12, 2009, 06:56 PM
Wow! Looks like fun for all. Perhaps I will round up friends of all disciplines. My husband would overdose by Tuesday at noon.

VColeman
Nov. 13, 2009, 09:07 AM
Actually, the Grand Prix Show Jumping on Saturday night is $20 not $25.