PDA

View Full Version : Dutch Door Hardware

FairWeather
Nov. 12, 2009, 10:19 AM
I have Dutch Stall Doors on my barn, and don't love the latches they came with--they are little swing latches with a blop of metal to rest on--don't love.

I need nice latches for the lower portion of the door that will be outside, and some type of slide-bolt or connection for the top door that can attach from the inside (I'd love to lock it to the lower door).

Additionally, i'm looking for options for door hold-backs. Anybody have things they love? Hate?

buschkn
Nov. 12, 2009, 12:32 PM
Lowe's has a number of different options you can check out and see what strikes your fancy. Also, I got grills from Woodstar Products and am please with the quality and know they sell Dutch Doors and hardware, so you could check there as well. Good luck finding something you like better!

Foxtrot's
Nov. 12, 2009, 05:12 PM
When finding nice latches, just make sure they are not of a large enough design that a horse can get his lower jaw over one if they are playing around. Seen some fancy horseshoe ones where it gets caught over the front lower teeth and horse rears back and breaks jaw, taking door with it.