PDA

View Full Version : Show withdrawal

riderboy
Nov. 12, 2009, 07:16 AM
Well the last show is over (River Glen) and it was a beautiful weekend. Now I can relax and give the beast some down time. But, it's a bit sad to miss all you great people, even the ones that make me a bit crazy. As much work and stress and money as showing is it really gets in my blood and when it's over for the winter it's a bit of a buzzkill. When do I get that Spring omnibus?

Auburn
Nov. 12, 2009, 07:30 AM
Riderboy,

Some of the Spring events are already on the USEA website. For our area, it lists Spring Bay through MayDaze.

I went through the withdrawal stage, too. It took me about three weeks to get over it. Now, I am busy working on learning to sit the trot, at which I used to be good when I was in my 30's. Now, not so much. :no: My dressage instructor wants me to do some First Level stuff over the Winter. If I cannot stick my bum in the saddle better, that will not be happening. :winkgrin:

See Gryhrs and you next Spring! :)

CookiePony
Nov. 12, 2009, 09:21 AM
No Spring Omnibus will come in the mail. :( But the event listings are up on the USEA site, as Auburn said!

Are you going to the USEA annual meeting? Or the MSEDA meeting in Feb?

We are taking it easy for Nov and Dec, and I rather need it since I have a big deadline coming up at work. Although taking it easy for Taco still means riding almost every day since he is one of those who needs to be in a regular routine!

riderboy
Nov. 12, 2009, 11:43 AM
Riderboy,

Some of the Spring events are already on the USEA website. For our area, it lists Spring Bay through MayDaze.

I went through the withdrawal stage, too. It took me about three weeks to get over it. Now, I am busy working on learning to sit the trot, at which I used to be good when I was in my 30's. Now, not so much. :no: My dressage instructor wants me to do some First Level stuff over the Winter. If I cannot stick my bum in the saddle better, that will not be happening. :winkgrin: ,
See Gryhrs and you next Spring! :) I thought you still WERE in your 30's! We are done until March when we are going to Aiken for two weeks. Eventing Gods willing.

badawg
Nov. 12, 2009, 11:45 AM
I'm working hard on improving my dressage for the next season and drawing up my competitive plan for the season as well! Plenty to work on! Especially those new dressage tests!

Jazzy Lady
Nov. 12, 2009, 12:12 PM
I will be going through withdrawl very soon, so someone needs to do the following things for me in Ocala so I may live vicariously through them:

- Tony's Sushi
- Ayutaya (sp?) Thai
- Horse and Hound
- Cold Stone
- Chicken fingers at Publix with honey mustard.
- Orlando Prime Outlets

Oh, and might as well ride some ponies in the sun while you're at it...

Auburn
Nov. 12, 2009, 04:04 PM
I thought you still WERE in your 30's! We are done until March when we are going to Aiken for two weeks. Eventing Gods willing.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: LOL!!! You are such a sweetie. I am 57 and proud of it. :D
Do you have a favorite event in Aiken? DH and I will be taking Tess there in March, too.

Cookie Pony,

I hope to go to both meetings. My DH and I are going on a dressage retreat at a Spa in Mexico the week before the Area8 Banquet. So far, I am not having much luck in finding flights from Columbus, OH to San Diego with a return on January 16th. We may have to take a red eye on the 15th to work things out. We will definitely make the MSEDA Awards luncheon. Will you be at both of them?

K.
Nov. 12, 2009, 06:31 PM
ok .. for those going to Aiken will someone go to Tako sushi for me? and if anyone likes crab there is "Locals" on wed nights... um.. its on Whisky.. from Pinelog going into town its on the right .. past Applebees .. its right beside a dumpy little gas station.. but they have really good crab legs and other regular food :) and its super cheap happy hour cocktails :) (it looks sketchy, but the folks are really nice and well.. every wed is crab night)

I want to go south! :)

Gryhrs
Nov. 12, 2009, 07:45 PM
Post event depression :( BUT........did someone say spa day????? :)

KBG Eventer
Nov. 12, 2009, 08:22 PM
Well, I haven't been to an event since May!

I can't wait until January Poplar. It will probably be cold and snowing like it was in 2008 and apparantly that happened this year as well. I don't care though!

CookiePony
Nov. 12, 2009, 10:30 PM
I'll be in Aiken in March too! I will probably be going to Full Gallop since that is at the end of my spring break.

I will be at USEA and MSEDA-- the latter possibly for the lunch. Even though our points rank us 3rd this year for the Novice HT year end award I could not volunteer at Midsouth and so I am not eligible! It's a little sad since I volunteered for a total of 3 full days this year at various events-- just not MidSouth, sigh.

Auburn
Nov. 12, 2009, 10:55 PM
At the last minute, I noticed that MSEDA had made a rule change which required at least 4 hours at the big dressage show or at Team Challenge. My DH and I volunteered as penny takers on Sunday morning at Team Challenge. I didn't go cross country until almost 3pm, so it worked out fine.

Last year, I believe that you could have 4 hours at either of those and 4 at another event or 20 total hours at other events. I know that the rule doesn't read that way this year.

Do you know of anyone who might donate some hours to you? Since you put in volunteer hours at other events, there might be an Organizer or Secretary who would donate to your cause?

KateWooten
Nov. 14, 2009, 03:02 PM
I would love to have withdrawal symptoms, but alas November, December and january look to be taken up with reversing our current crash+burn tactics in stadium, to return to our all-out permanently double-clear record from before I started 'helping' pony with her jumping in time for Spring :lol:

yellowbritches
Nov. 14, 2009, 06:11 PM
I was feeling it leading up to Rubicon and I have been feeling it big time this past week. I get a little crazy and anxious without the routine of showing and competing (even when I'm not riding, I like to be there taking care of my peeps and cheering them on!). And it has been worse this year since our last outing was fan-freaking-tastic! All I can think about is wanting to make what was good even better...makes me a little crazy. It doesn't help that I. DO. NOT. DO. WINTER. Hate it with a passion. Fiery passion, and I turn a little homicidal/suicidal during the long, dark, cold months (why taking me to Aiken is a very, very good thing).

I am hoping to get out in the hunt field some this year, so I hope that helps. I'm also not planning on the massive 6 weeks of vacation for my horse, either. His work load is easing up right now and we're really just goofing around. I have a clinic a week before Christmas that he needs to stay in some form of fitness for. He'll get the next 2 or 3 weeks totally off to be a horse and eat Christmas cookies, then after the New Year we'll just hack and goof around some more. I'm hoping that that will give him the vacation he needs and deserves (or would that be "stay-cation?") without me going completely bat poop crazy on those near and dear to me....we can only hope. :eek:

HER
Nov. 14, 2009, 06:34 PM
Withdrawal is hitting me hard too. Nothing planned until Spring Bay next April. It's worse right now since it's still 70 degrees and sunny outside! Horses are getting a lighter schedule for awhile. Planning on plenty of dressage lessons and hopefully some jumping clinics but it's killing me how many months it will be until we go xc again! My horse has been so super xc and we just need one more piece to the puzzle. Arghhh!!!
As an additional tease Rolex tickets are already on sale! That is not helping April come any sooner!!!!

riderboy
Nov. 14, 2009, 09:48 PM
Hey Cookiepony, maybe we could get together in Aiken in March! In the meantime, I hope everyone has a great winter, definitely not my favorite time of the year but I do need to work on a few things before next season (what else is new)