PDA

View Full Version : boarding within 1 hour of Seattle or so, or Oregon

Wgirl
Nov. 12, 2009, 07:04 AM
Hello!
I'm new so I hope this is the right place to post!
I have a sweet gelding who's done a lot (raced, grand prix jumpers), and who needs a good retirement home.
I'm living in Utah right now, so it's easier for me to ship him West, I think. Plus, I think I may end up out there.
I'm looking for a great boarding situation where he can have access to good grass turnout and excellent care (as I won't be around there much).
I'd prefer a very small herd (four geldings or donkey) or one buddy, and stall or pasture board is OK.
Does anyone know of any place like this? I also can't spend a ton, so there is that...
And safe fencing and good hay is a must.

Thanks so much for your help!
:)

kenyarider
Nov. 12, 2009, 10:34 AM
Pacific Moon Equestrian Center in Arlington, Washington is amazing for turnout and care. However, it's pricey, Karen charges for everything even taking blankets on or off. The upside is that there is great turnout for a retiree. You can find her by searching for the name as written above on the web. Good luck. sg.

lurker
Nov. 12, 2009, 11:44 AM
Hi, I have a small retirement facility that may be right up your alley. I live in Wa State right on the Oregon border. PM me and I can send you pictures, prices etc.

crestline
Nov. 15, 2009, 07:26 PM
There is a great barn with excellent care in Auburn, WA (about 1/2 hr from airport). It is a stabled situation with nice all weather turnouts in the winter and big pastures with one buddy in the summer. Care is excellent and they'll keep a sharp eye on things if your out of town. Barn is called Feature Farm.

lovelovemydogs
Dec. 11, 2009, 07:50 PM
Hi, I have a small retirement facility that may be right up your alley. I live in Wa State right on the Oregon border. PM me and I can send you pictures, prices etc.Hi

I am looking for a wonderful ranch for my 2 quarter horses that are retired. would love to see pic's and more information about your farm.
Thank you!

Thames Pirate
Dec. 13, 2009, 12:28 AM
My farm in Eugene, OR offers retirement packages. PM me if you're interested and I can put you in touch with our farm manager.