PDA

View Full Version : Another Shocker...Zensational retired at 3

DickHertz
Nov. 11, 2009, 05:05 PM
8 lifetime races
By Unbridled Song

Where do I sign up to spend thousands for what is destined to be a fragile offspring?

:eek:

Glimmerglass
Nov. 11, 2009, 05:21 PM
8 lifetime races

Where do I sign up to spend thousands for what is destined to be a fragile offspring

Gee another Zayat-owned horse slinking quickly off the track. I'm shocked!

In the ancient art of public relations spin the connections infer that like Alexander the Great they've wept as there were no more worlds to conquer on the track:

"Having already won three Grade 1 races, we feel that he will be more valuable at stud," Zayat Stables owner Ahmed Zayat said of the retirement.

Beandog
Nov. 11, 2009, 09:14 PM
Wow.. three -whole- grade 1's. This is just shameful, the horse is an infant, heck, in so many other disciplines he wouldn't even be backed yet. But because he has potentially valuable little swimmers let's retire him at 3. Hey.. he's 3, won 3.. it must have been fate.

Crazy crazy crazy.

danceronice
Nov. 11, 2009, 09:54 PM
I am shocked.

No, not really. I wouldn't breed to anything by Unbridled's Song if you paid me.

AppJumpr08
Nov. 12, 2009, 12:28 AM
The gene pool could use some chlorine. Really.

SleepyFox
Nov. 12, 2009, 10:50 AM
"Having already won three Grade 1 races, we feel that he will be more valuable at stud," Zayat Stables owner Ahmed Zayat said of the retirement.

I don't know if that's so true in this market. (Although it certainly used to be.) A thrice-Gr I winner is nothing to sneeze at, but still.... it seems like they could do a lot more with him before retiring him.

Any guess what the fee will be?

ETA: No need to guess - he's standing for $25k.

danceronice
Nov. 12, 2009, 11:19 AM
I don't know if that's so true in this market. (Although it certainly used to be.) A thrice-Gr I winner is nothing to sneeze at, but still.... it seems like they could do a lot more with him before retiring him.

Any guess what the fee will be?

More than he's worth, whatever it ends up being.

Really, given that there are proven stallions, some of whom are standing for fairly reasonable fees, with some REALLY good horses on the track already, who would pick a horse with only three wins (even if they are Gr 1) who comes from a line known for glass ankles?

WinterTriangle
Nov. 14, 2009, 10:21 PM
Looks like INDIAN BLESSING will be Zensational's first baby mama. :)

Mara
Nov. 15, 2009, 11:37 AM
Looks like INDIAN BLESSING will be Zensational's first baby mama. :)

“The reason we are breeding Indian Blessing to Zensational is to come up with the perfect Thoroughbred,” said Bob Baffert, who trained both Indian Blessing and Zensational. “They were both unbelievable on the racetrack with perfect conformation and exceptional brilliance."

Bob, you and I have differing ideas as to what constitutes "the perfect Thoroughbred."

Come on, you're trying to breed "the perfect sprinter". Not that there's anything wrong with sprinters, but I consider "the perfect Thoroughbred" to have a few more dimensions than 6-7 furlongs.