PDA

View Full Version : Hey, West Georgia Trail Riders

spotnnotfarm
Nov. 10, 2009, 07:05 AM
I found out this weekend that the new park in Carroll County will open for horses in February!!! I will keep everyone posted on the opening date. My brother is working with the park service and is keeping me updated. He will be getting a tour in December and I am going with him, so I will post details and pictures. McIntosh may be closed until February now:cry:

ChocoMare
Nov. 10, 2009, 09:04 AM
Yay! :D Name?

spotnnotfarm
Nov. 10, 2009, 09:37 AM
Blackjack Mountain. It is on the Heard/Carroll line. It belonged to a Doctor that left it to the county when he died. He allowed a few endurance riders to train on it so there are already some trails. It will have horse trails, seperate 4
wheeler trails and an observatory. I will post more when I get a tour of it!

pj
Nov. 10, 2009, 03:01 PM
I found out this weekend that the new park in Carroll County will open for horses in February!!! I will keep everyone posted on the opening date. My brother is working with the park service and is keeping me updated. He will be getting a tour in December and I am going with him, so I will post details and pictures. McIntosh may be closed until February now:cry:

GREAT NEWS!! Do you know anything at all about the trails?
I understand the new one will be a tad closer to me than Mcintosh (45 min. to Mcintosh from here) Please keep us updated.

:( I HOPE Mcintosh isn't flooding again. It has rained buckets and buckets all day long here with no sign of stopping.

pj
Nov. 10, 2009, 03:06 PM
Blackjack Mountain. It is on the Heard/Carroll line. It belonged to a Doctor that left it to the county when he died. He allowed a few endurance riders to train on it so there are already some trails. It will have horse trails, seperate 4
wheeler trails and an observatory. I will post more when I get a tour of it!

Guess this is teach me to read back before I post.
Didn't even see this one. Anyhow do let us know about the trails, how much, kind, etc. Hope we get some technical ones!! :)

spotnnotfarm
Nov. 10, 2009, 03:13 PM
Hey Pj!

I will keep everyone posted. I know the trails should be somewhat technical. I am unsure about water crossing or if it is rocky.

Were you talking about the park in Newnan? I think it is still opening in July. I do not know if the flooding impacted it. There is yet another park in the planning stages in Whitesburg that will also have horse trails. We are so lucky!

pj
Nov. 20, 2009, 07:26 PM
Hey Pj!

Were you talking about the park in Newnan? I think it is still opening in July. I do not know if the flooding impacted it. There is yet another park in the planning stages in Whitesburg that will also have horse trails. We are so lucky!

Friend told me today that the Newnan Park will open in July but July 2011.
THEN that is the first stage and WE are in the second stage. Who knows when that will be. She said they've just now started breaking ground for the park.
:cry:
Oh well...we'll have the other new stuff and that will be more than we had before.

spotnnotfarm
Nov. 20, 2009, 08:01 PM
UGH! I had heard this July. Oh well, at least it is still going to open. I will keep you posted about the new Carroll park. I am hoping to get a tour in December.

pj
Nov. 20, 2009, 08:17 PM
UGH! I had heard this July. Oh well, at least it is still going to open. I will keep you posted about the new Carroll park. I am hoping to get a tour in December.

YEAH!! Do keep us posted.
What highway or road is that on?

spotnnotfarm
Nov. 21, 2009, 06:22 AM
I will be honest, I don't know. I just know it is on the Heard/Carroll line.

pnalley
Nov. 25, 2009, 07:30 PM
Look here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackjack_Mountain_(Georgia,_U.S.)

pj
Nov. 25, 2009, 08:41 PM
Look here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackjack_Mountain_(Georgia,_U.S.)
A friend and I thought either next week or the next we would take a ride to the town of Ephesus and see how you get to the mt. from there. We'll try to find out where the entrance, etc. is.
I got the name of a gal who has actually ridden the mt. and called but she wasn't in. Maybe she'll call back. If she does I'll let y'all know what she says.

spotnnotfarm
Nov. 26, 2009, 07:30 AM
Pj, If you let me know when you go I would love to meet ya'll. My brother is currently in Montana training and will not be back for a few weeks. So it would be nice to see what it is like before he comes back. I am anxious to find somewhere to ride.

spotnnotfarm
Nov. 26, 2009, 07:47 AM
Found this

http://georgia.hometownlocator.com/maps/feature-map,ftc,1,fid,354757,n,blackjack%20mountain.cfm

pj
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:53 AM
Pj, If you let me know when you go I would love to meet ya'll. My brother is currently in Montana training and will not be back for a few weeks. So it would be nice to see what it is like before he comes back. I am anxious to find somewhere to ride.

I will do it although it'll be a week or two before we go.
We'll have to figure out where to meet, I don't know anything down that way.
It looks as if we will need to take 100 and then pick up Blackjack Rd.

Know what you mean about somewhere to ride. I'm VERY limited right now as my gal doesn't have shoes and won't for another couple of weeks so can't even ride Roosevelt. She has a touch of that blinking wld and I'm treating it daily, twice daily on these rainy days. <grin> She's gotten fat. We'll have to do some conditioning before we start tackling mts again.
A friend has about an hour of good footing, flat trails that she lets us use (I am grateful) and while lovely and peaceful it's not much different than Nadie walking around in the pasture....Lots of conditioning to do here.