PDA

View Full Version : Would one of you racing folks get me a little more info on this horse?

shawneeAcres
Nov. 9, 2009, 07:39 PM
I got a horse about 6 weeks ago named "Braes Pleasure" He is a 2002 bay gelding and his pedigree and basic race record is winner of $65746, 37 starts, race record of 4 - 4 - 7. What I really would like to know is where he raced and when his last race was. I was told he came off the track four years ago, but I really don't think that is the case. He is a COOL horse tho that I hope will become an eventer. They want my credit card number and SSN for "free" membership to Brisnet and not happy giving out that info for a "free" offer. thanks in advance!

shawneeAcres
Nov. 9, 2009, 08:00 PM
i just joined equiline hopefully can find out that way thanks anyways!

shawneeAcres
Nov. 9, 2009, 08:27 PM
turns out he came off the track in June this year, poor guy only had one "break" in four years a 6 month stretch in 2007, other than that looks like he averaged 1 - 2 races per month! He is very sound. Can't figure out from the Equineline report what tracks he was at tho.

Drvmb1ggl3
Nov. 9, 2009, 08:31 PM
Track abbreviations, along with bucketloads more info, are listed in the Racing 101 thread.

tbracer65
Nov. 9, 2009, 09:50 PM
Just go to equibase & they'll give you a chart for each one of his races. He raced at Charlestown mostly with Penn National twice & Colonial once. He only raced once a month....only three times did he race twice a month & those were stretched out (beginning of month & end) -- they didn't over-run him, in my eyes... races were mostly only 4 & 1/2 furlongs, too -- which doesn't take too much out of them. He had one big lay-off of 7 months but also had a month off here or there, too...

shawneeAcres
Nov. 9, 2009, 10:22 PM
Not really saying he was overun, I was just surprised that he raced for 4 years with little in the way of a break AND remained this sound. he wasn't passed around however, which I think is good, really only owned by two people. Did firgure out the track abbreviations. He has had 6 weeks off now with me and we are starting to retrain him. He is a real sweetheart taht seems to like having a job, but has enjoyed his time turned out with a three year old as well!