PDA

View Full Version : My Big News, or why COTH (and COTHers) are the greatest.

deltawave
Nov. 7, 2009, 04:11 PM
My new friend and eventing buddy (http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/Orderpage.aspx?pi=08JQ011H3E0000&po=0&pc=29) arrives Monday. :D

Thanks to the gigantic generosity of a fellow COTHer (whom some of you will probably recognize from the photo) I have a fantastic partner to make steps forward with competing next year. :) :) :)

Bonnie's OK, she's not going anywhere, except down the road 3 miles to get some much-needed expert experience at Training level with my trainer. The last couple of outings I've felt like she's "this close" to getting it XC and becoming a brave and competent partner for me at Training, but I feel like a half-dozen or so "expert" rides will get her to that point a lot quicker than my non-expert guidance. :p

So may I introduce you all to my new buddy Keebler! :) He's going to be 9, a chestnut appy/tb/wb cross who has a long and solid record at Training level with his owner, who has very, very generously allowed me to lease and compete him for a while.

Once again the COTH community makes another great (at least I hope so!) eventing partnership possible, and I'm very excited. I can't wait until he gets here and for once instead of sort of sadly packing things up for the winter I'm PSYCHED to keep things going, and April can't arrive soon enough for me! :D

THANK YOU, THANK YOU SCUBED for your wonderful generosity. :yes:

cranky
Nov. 7, 2009, 04:18 PM
This is very exciting and he is GORGEOUS!

Congratulations!

jumpsnake
Nov. 7, 2009, 04:34 PM
Congrats!

That is awesome! *is jealous*

RunForIt
Nov. 7, 2009, 04:36 PM
Congratulations, DW!!!...have been hoping for just this match...you are a terrific owner, Scubed! Welcome to the fabulous Send Our Great, Much Loved Horses to Trusted COTHers club started by annnikak :cool:

JennieRose
Nov. 7, 2009, 04:41 PM
What a cutie! Have fun! Enjoy the COTH magic. :)

clivers
Nov. 7, 2009, 04:59 PM
Great news! COTHers are the best! He's very handsome!!!

AppJumpr08
Nov. 7, 2009, 05:03 PM
YEAH COTH!!!

Congrats Lynn, he's adorable!!!

allpurpose
Nov. 7, 2009, 05:33 PM
Congratulations Delta, and Scubed, you're the best (don't I know it!). ;)

Ceci

arnika
Nov. 7, 2009, 06:11 PM
Congrats deltawave! He looks like a ton of fun. Have a fab time with him. Scubes, you're the greatest....:cool:

CookiePony
Nov. 7, 2009, 07:52 PM
Awesome!! Love me some COTH magic! Big congratulations! I can't wait to meet him at the shows next year! He is so adorable.

asterix
Nov. 7, 2009, 11:18 PM
I think this is totally cool! congrats! COTH is the best place to make these sorts of "matches"

eventingismylife
Nov. 8, 2009, 12:33 AM
congrats!! He seems like he will be a lot of fun to ride and compete on!

Peggy
Nov. 8, 2009, 12:58 AM
Congratulations. He looks like an absolute blast to ride and jump.

Hilary
Nov. 8, 2009, 08:13 AM
YAY!! Lynn that's so exciting! I know what you mean about getting the horse to be a solid Training level competitor. Star is also almost there, but I counted the other day - it took 10 Training level XC courses (nevermind all the novice and BN!!) to get her to that point where I felt if I did my job, which includes staying out of her way, she will do hers.

I'm sure the more you ride the new guy it will transfer to Bonnie as well.

And just maybe she needs to think she's no longer #1.... I know you can't stand anthropomorphizing, but I do think they know when there's someone else in the picture.

Zu Zu
Nov. 8, 2009, 08:39 AM
Congratulations !!! Enjoy !!!!!

deltawave
Nov. 8, 2009, 08:55 AM
And just maybe she needs to think she's no longer #1

That's hilarious! :lol: When she stands next to a going CCI*** horse and a 6yo who won his 2nd outing at Training with a score in the 20's in the trailer on the way to some shows, she may just find some humility. :winkgrin:

scubed
Nov. 8, 2009, 09:48 AM
It is possible that I am even more thrilled than DW. What fun to watch him do what he likes best and have someone else to ride and compete him while I have the year to play with the young OTTB and not have to worry that Keebler isn't in the best possible place, because hard to think of any better :D!

FlashGordon
Nov. 8, 2009, 09:57 AM
DW, that is awesome news!!! I'm so glad you will have a new partner! Also so cool of scubed to share him with you.

So many great friendships and partnerships are made on COTH... it really is amazing.

Looking forward to updates!!

frugalannie
Nov. 8, 2009, 12:34 PM
Doing the happy dance for DW and Scubed. To quote my nephew, this is AWESOME!

One Star
Nov. 8, 2009, 11:03 PM
Major congrats, Lynn, and good on ya, Seema!

That's a very nice horse you're getting, DW. :cool:

So happy when things work out like this. :D

GotSpots
Nov. 9, 2009, 08:31 AM
Interesting...

Bet of luck to you Lynn.

Catalina
Nov. 9, 2009, 10:13 AM
He looks awesome! Congrats!!!

Jessi P
Nov. 9, 2009, 05:43 PM
Way to go, congrats all around! I know any horse at Deltawave's place will be very well cared for, not to mention spoiled rotten! :yes:;):yes: Keep us updated on your journey together. :D