PDA

View Full Version : AiroWear XC vest?

StrawberryFields
Nov. 7, 2009, 02:18 PM
What do you think of this vest vs. others such as a Tipperary? I like that it feels safer yet is not too bulky. I haven't actually gotten to ride in it yet... opinions? Suggestions? thanks!

quietann
Nov. 7, 2009, 04:23 PM
I have one. I don't wear it much as I am not allowed to jump anymore (except for teeny things). But I like that it fits me (their size range is amazing and they actually make vests for SHORT women). I don't notice that I am wearing it, but I suspect it would be very warm in hot weather. It's a little hard for me to get the velcro straps tight enough but that's mostly me and my post-injury stiff shoulders.

Overall, I really like it.

Highflyer
Nov. 8, 2009, 06:16 AM
I have the Outlyne. I like it--it's the first one I've found that fit over my chest, instead of riding up and hitting my chin. It is hotter than the Tip, but I didn't find it unbearable or anything.

Ruffian8
Nov. 9, 2009, 07:34 AM
I just tried one on at SmartPak and thought it was really comfortable. It definitely seemed to have more "give" than the others. I haven't bought a new one yet but I thought this was a comfortable option for a decent price. I also was looking at the Rodney Powell one and wanted to try that on too before making a decision

This is a somewhat different question but related - are the shoulder pads worth getting and do they really help prevent a collar bone injury? I was thinking of getting those too but not sure if they really worked?