PDA

View Full Version : Will Zenyatta win today's Breeders Cup Classic?

Glimmerglass
Nov. 7, 2009, 01:34 PM
The 5-yr old mare named for her owner's connection to The Police and their third album (Zenyatta Mondatta, 1980) races today against the boys for the first time and possibly for her last career start.

She brings in an undefeated record against fillies and mares, multiple graded stakes victories, multiple wins over the Santa Anita track of today, and a wicked turn of foot with her off the pace then closing style.

I give a lot of respect to her connections for putting her in for this marque race - but will it pay off with a trip to the winner's circle?

LearnToFly
Nov. 7, 2009, 02:48 PM
I'm rooting for her, but Summer Bird is going to be hard to beat, methinks

VirginiaBred
Nov. 7, 2009, 03:02 PM
Gosh Glimmer...................

I voted with my heart. :)

esox
Nov. 7, 2009, 03:14 PM
I want her to win. I think she can. I agree that Summer Bird will be tough. I've had a hard time with this race. What if Rip's feet really are ok? What if Quality Road loves synthetic? What if Mine That Bird is sitting on another big race? I will be rooting for her.

pnalley
Nov. 7, 2009, 03:29 PM
I'd like to see her win. But I think Rip Van Winkle & Summer Bird will be on top.

cloudyandcallie
Nov. 7, 2009, 03:37 PM
I hope she wins and people watch her with every breath you take.:)

MunchkinsMom
Nov. 7, 2009, 07:06 PM
What a race! She is an incredible athelete.

MMorgan
Nov. 7, 2009, 07:08 PM
Answer: YES!!

PS The poll is still open:confused:

pnalley
Nov. 8, 2009, 03:50 PM
Apparently I have been giving her a total lack of respect. What an awesome mare! She is HUGE.

Great to see a mare win the Classic and now she has bettered Personal Ensins 13 race win streak.

Will Zenyatta race next year? Or is it time for her to produce little Zenyatta's?

cloudyandcallie
Nov. 8, 2009, 03:58 PM
Answer: YES!!

PS The poll is still open:confused:
Hey Margie, no fair voting after the race!:lol:
It's so cool to have Zenyatta and RA now fighting it out for HOTY. I still think that RA should win it. And kudos to Jess Jackson for if he had not bought RA, she would not have run in the Preakness against the boys, and if RA had not run, then Zenyatta's owners would have not run her against the boys. Good for racing.
And you guys know you like to see 2 girls fighting over something.:lol: