PDA

View Full Version : John Staples?

Toadie's mom
Nov. 6, 2009, 09:49 PM
I'm considering signing up for a John Staples clinic next month. I did a forum search and didn't find a thread about him in particular, and didn't want to search thru each thread that might mention his name. I'll be riding a fairly green 4 yr. old and wonder what type of instructor he is. Sympathetic, pushy, quiet, what do you think?

RAyers
Nov. 6, 2009, 10:02 PM
John Staples is my trainer. LOVE him (obviously)! He is tough but he also understands the level or each rider. He will push you so long as you are willing to try. That is the key. You have to try.

Reed

Trak_Eventer
Nov. 6, 2009, 11:08 PM
He is also my trainer and I agree 100% with Reed. He is hard, but he makes everything a positive experience for both horse and rider. And he is a ton of fun! I love him and would totally encourage you to go to the clinic!

Divine Comedy
Nov. 7, 2009, 01:46 AM
I recently rode with him for the first time at Midsouth and thought he had some extremely good insights and training tips for my horse. It was difficult to implement them right before a show, but the things he taught me will definitely be tools I work on this winter. Very good, would definitely recommend him.

Hannahsmom
Nov. 7, 2009, 09:19 AM
I've only 'been around' John at events but asked for some coaching advise, etc. when my coach couldn't be at the show. I think he has a wonderful perspective and I don't think he will be pushy. I would take a clinic from him in a heartbeat.

technopony
Nov. 7, 2009, 11:05 AM
He's fabulous - I recommend him 100%.

Long Shadow Farm
Nov. 7, 2009, 01:29 PM
I loff riding with John and I am so happy he is starting to put together a clinic series at Feathercreek. Is that the clinic you thinking of riding in? If so, I think you will have a blast and learn a lot!

Bobbi

mtk9122
Nov. 7, 2009, 04:06 PM
John has been my daughter's trainer since she was 11 yr old (and she's now 32) I am sure she will weigh in on soon under her login Ksevnter. I ran clinics for him in the KC area for years also.
Here's his website: http://www.windermerestables.com/index.htm In the upper left corner is a photo of him riding my daughter's horse at advanced while she was studying for the bar exam a few yrs ago. He found Harley 14 yrs ago for her and she still has him at the age of 20! John's the best!:)

Toadie's mom
Nov. 8, 2009, 09:10 PM
I loff riding with John and I am so happy he is starting to put together a clinic series at Feathercreek. Is that the clinic you thinking of riding in? If so, I think you will have a blast and learn a lot!

Bobbi

Yes Bobbi, it's the Feather Creek clinic. I've only been there once since the Huber's sold it, but have heard the newest owner is doing a really good job getting the place back into it's original good shape!

Thanks to everyone for your input. Even if I decide not to ride, I'm going to watch because I have a free place to stay:yes:

Trak_Eventer
Nov. 8, 2009, 10:50 PM
Yes Bobbi, it's the Feather Creek clinic. I've only been there once since the Huber's sold it, but have heard the newest owner is doing a really good job getting the place back into it's original good shape!

Thanks to everyone for your input. Even if I decide not to ride, I'm going to watch because I have a free place to stay:yes:

The new owner, Dynah, has done an amazing job with it. She explained to me how it looked when she bought it and it is amazing how much work she has put into it. John built a fun and fabulous xc course. Lots of fun and challenging! I was at the event and the clinic in October. Might be going down in December, so I may see you there. You will have a blast!