PDA

View Full Version : Garland Mtn opens 21st GA

spotnnotfarm
Nov. 4, 2009, 05:09 PM
I got this email today. Is anyone else going? I may go but am waiting to hear about a St.Jude ride closer to me.

GARLAND MOUNTAIN HORSE AND HIKE TRAILS OPEN IN WALESKA , GA Bring your Horse or Hiking Shoes and Join Us!

Saturday, November 21, 2009 is the big day for Garland Mountain Horse and Hike Trails in Waleska , GA. The Trails will open with festivities starting at noon at the parking lot on Garland Mountain Way and you are invited to for the Ribbon Cutting and to ride out for the Opening of the Trails!

Starting at Noon “Trails End Concessions” will offer grilled hot dog and hamburger plates for $5, Waleska Fire and Rescue will have their fire truck, ambulance and EMT Gator for kids of all ages to explore, there will be saddle club and horse related booths and more. At 2PM, mounted on horses, the Cherokee County dignitaries will cut the blue ribbon and ride out on Phase 1 of the Trails which encompasses 6.5 miles. The Trails, when finished, will offer 13.5 miles of environmentally friendly, interconnecting loop trails traversing hardwoods, streams and mountain scenery.

The Trails are approximately 6 miles from the center of Waleska , GA. For directions: http://cherokeesaddleclub.com/garland-mountain-directions.html, # # #

ChocoMare
Nov. 16, 2009, 11:10 AM
I can't go on opening day, but would love to later on. :)

spotnnotfarm
Nov. 16, 2009, 12:02 PM
I will post a review of the ride:)