PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Jumping Instructors in NoVA

ytr45
Nov. 4, 2009, 04:43 PM
Hey Guys,
Who has a lower level jumping instructor that they really like? I've been focusing on dressage for a few years....and now its time to brush up on jumping. I was wondering if there are any favorite instructors out there. In the past when I had jumping instructors it often felt like the instructor would set up a grid of some sort, my horse would jump the grid perfectly because all the placing polls, but I never really learned that much from it. And then if we did a single fence or jumped a course, we would make the same mistakes, without much rider awareness of what was right or wrong. I'm sure there are some great jumping instructors in our area who can help with increasing awareness, knowledge, etc. thanks!

Janet
Nov. 4, 2009, 05:13 PM
Depending on the level and focus
Gegi Winslett
Barbara Lawrence
Gavin Moylan

AKB
Nov. 6, 2009, 10:07 PM
Gigi Winslett is wonderful. She teaches a lot of course riding skills, which you will probably not learn from anyone else.

ytr45
Nov. 8, 2009, 09:31 AM
Where does Gigi Winslett teach? I'm assuming she has her own farm and she takes trailer-ins?

Janet
Nov. 8, 2009, 09:39 AM
Where does Gigi Winslett teach? I'm assuming she has her own farm and she takes trailer-ins?
No, she travels to teach.
She will come ot your farm, or you can fit in with one of her regularly scheduled sessions. For instance she teaches every other Wednesday afternoon/evening at Blue Top Farm in Nokesille (this Wednesday is a course, but she alternates courses and gymnastics). She also teaches Pony Club sessions at FPP, and will schedule non PC lessons afterwards.