PDA

View Full Version : Canter Hunk

evans36
Nov. 3, 2009, 05:18 PM
Lord knows why I was looking at this today because I've just had to sell my horse for financial reasons, but this one... Love him. Love. Someone go get him and tell me how great he is in person!

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1383:beautiful-big-chestnut-gelding-qtommyq&catid=52:laurel-bowie-pimlico-trainer-listings&Itemid=285&directory=285

eventer_mi
Nov. 3, 2009, 05:50 PM
He's definitely a looker! Too bad you can't zoom in on the pics. I know what you mean- I just sold one horse, gave away another, and am down to one, but I can't stop looking, either.

What's with the $3999 price tag? Is that a track thing?

Beam Me Up
Nov. 3, 2009, 06:39 PM
He's definitely a looker! Too bad you can't zoom in on the pics. I know what you mean- I just sold one horse, gave away another, and am down to one, but I can't stop looking, either.

I think the rule to be on the CANTER page is that the horse has to be priced less than the lowest claiming race at the track (which I'm guessing based on that price is 4K). Not cheap for an 8 yo coming off the track, but he is flashy.

caffeinated
Nov. 3, 2009, 07:58 PM

Sorry about the pics! They were emailed to us directly from the owners at that size. There's a bunch more if anyone wants to see them, but not really anything bigger. :)

Guyot
Nov. 3, 2009, 08:16 PM
Trainers have told me that canter restricts them to below $4,000.00 I've actually had a trainer tell me that the horse priced at 3,999.00 was really being sold for $5,500.00

sisu27
Nov. 4, 2009, 09:21 AM
I want this guy:

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1083:3-yr-old-eventing-prospect&catid=49:charlestown-trainer-listings&directory=282

Something about him.

Oh and the almost-jog video is hilarious!

CiegoStar
Nov. 4, 2009, 10:09 AM
I want this guy:

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1083:3-yr-old-eventing-prospect&catid=49:charlestown-trainer-listings&directory=282

Something about him.

Oh my, he is a looker! Someone needs to snatch him up! He is big and handsome enough to be a show hunter too if the almost-jog video is an indication of his need for speed :D

inquisitive
Nov. 4, 2009, 10:10 AM
I want this guy:

Something about him.

Sisu27, I want him too! Good taste :winkgrin:

evans36
Nov. 4, 2009, 10:35 AM
I love that one too! I looked at him... but I think the chestnut caught my eye because he's almost a carbon copy (2 yrs younger, 3" smaller, tiny bit less of a shark fin) of the one I just sold that I've loved so.

So as I try to train my eye... looking @ the first pic of the chestnut, there looks to be something REALLY wonky going on with the pasterns. Like, something gumby-type wonky (esp the front left). but then the pic under that they look fine. Any thoughts on why??

judybigredpony
Nov. 4, 2009, 10:41 AM
Well I am going to CT tomorow...bought 2 privately Monday, already have one of them sold.

Can look at bay the horse in Adam Letts and get more photos if you are a for real buyer......

caffeinated
Nov. 4, 2009, 10:45 AM
So as I try to train my eye... looking @ the first pic of the chestnut, there looks to be something REALLY wonky going on with the pasterns. Like, something gumby-type wonky (esp the front left). but then the pic under that they look fine. Any thoughts on why??

Often that's the result of positioning - they might lean or twist a little in one direction and the result is a gumby-type wonkiness in the picture. A lot of times when taking the photos you don't notice it till you get home, and then you really wish you'd taken ten more. (alternatively, the horse might just be wonky).

What you see a lot is a horse who is about to take a step or just took one, and hasn't fully weighted the leg yet - that can make fetlocks and knees look *really* weird.

evans36
Nov. 4, 2009, 11:14 AM
I figured it was something like that - not conformational issues, because otherwise there was no way that guy raced until 8 and retired sound with pasterns that bend like rubber!! Thanks for the work you guys do :)