PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Shadow?

Kyzteke
Nov. 2, 2009, 10:52 AM
I sort of miss him (sort of)...:)

He was always good to get the blood boiling...

Bank of Dad
Nov. 2, 2009, 11:34 AM
Perhaps the mods banned him. I kind of miss his rantings also.

tabula rashah
Nov. 2, 2009, 11:37 AM
Yep, he was banned a while back

Kyzteke
Nov. 2, 2009, 12:28 PM
Yep, he was banned a while back

Wow -- I'm surprised. These Mods are pretty liberal (compared to Erin)...I didn't think they banned anyone anymore....well, except Theo on the Dressage Forum.

But he keeps coming back...I think this is his 5th alter...

gypsymare
Nov. 2, 2009, 12:28 PM
That's a shame. Even though I didn't agree with much of anything he said, it was always interesting reading.

Kyzteke
Nov. 2, 2009, 12:38 PM
Yep, he sure kept it from getting boring. I mean, there was like a 8 page thread on going down a hill on a horse. What are the odds of THAT happening again without Shadow?

The Dressage board has the RK thread(s), the Horse Care has the barefoot/shod threads...but now, without Shadow, this Endurance forum is so...polite.:winkgrin:

I guess endurance riders just aren't very contenious...

tabula rashah
Nov. 2, 2009, 12:55 PM
If you must know, here's the thread (http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=211699) where he got banned

I don't see it as a loss to the board, not one bit

ChocoMare
Nov. 2, 2009, 01:33 PM
Wow -- I'm surprised. These Mods are pretty liberal (compared to Erin)...I didn't think they banned anyone anymore......

Oh yeah, they do. A certain hoof-keeping person got herself banned a few months ago. So did Jac Mac (heck, I think he's trying to set the record for getting banned off the most BB's.... HorseCity kicked him to the curb too.)

Oh and Cubs too was asked to play elsewhere.

Thank God!

tkhawk
Nov. 2, 2009, 01:40 PM
Yep, he sure kept it from getting boring. I mean, there was like a 8 page thread on going down a hill on a horse. What are the odds of THAT happening again without Shadow?

Not to mention training a horse by shooting it with a BB gun:eek::lol: But I do agree it looks like some of the more colorful characters have been banned-Shadow, BTR and Ambrey . So it can get kinda boring at times! the horse care forum is not the same without BTR.:winkgrin:

Kyzteke
Nov. 2, 2009, 02:18 PM
Not to mention training a horse by shooting it with a BB gun:eek::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I must have missed that one!

gothedistance
Nov. 2, 2009, 06:39 PM
Ugh! I'm THRILLED that idiot is gone! I couldn't stand his lying, bragging, and sheer unadulterated unmitigated unparalled stupidity. His final big mistake was to give the literal "finger" to the mods and dare them to ban him.

He was gone before you could say "I told you sooooo!"

What an asshat.

Seems like Vickey (A2) is also history. Got pissed off because everyone didn't like her new stallion-hope-to-be-endurance-horse-maybe-someday and stomped off.

Things around here have settled into a welcome peace and quiet. Kinda like it. :D

Huntertwo
Nov. 2, 2009, 06:56 PM
:lol::lol::lol: I must have missed that one!

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but in the past he would shoot the horse if it didn't come to him..:no:

Kyzteke
Nov. 2, 2009, 08:52 PM
Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but in the past he would shoot the horse if it didn't come to him..:no:

Wow, I wonder how that worked out for him :D:winkgrin::lol:? I bet that thread was a real riot -- better than the rollkur thread on the Dressage Forum.

A2 is gone too, huh? Took her stallion and her pit bulls with her, I guess.

See, I kinda miss those people. They were fun to mess with :winkgrin:, 'cause they took themselves so seriously. But they weren't like real annoying people, because they didn't know where you lived, and if they REALLY got to you you could always just turn off your computer and "snap!" they'd be gone....:sadsmile:

harveyhorses
Nov. 2, 2009, 09:00 PM
I thought it had been a while since I saw smoke rolling out of my 'puter!!
Good ridance, even when they were entertaining, like a bad novel.

gothedistance
Nov. 2, 2009, 09:06 PM
A2 is gone too, huh? Took her stallion and her pit bulls with her, I guess.

Yup. And took her ulcerated, spin-n-dump "I ride 30 mile conditioning rides every day but can't make it through an LD" wonder mare, too. :rolleyes:

you can be sure she ...and Shadow14...are entertaining/irritating/inciting/exasperating the poor readers of some other board somewhere far, far away from COTHland.

People like that don't abandon the internet...they merely resurface somewhere else as the super-superior knowledge-giver gift to all horse owners/riders everywhere.

I, for one, am deliriously delighted they are now simply COTH archival history. :yes: Bet Thomas1 is, too.

Kyzteke
Nov. 3, 2009, 12:20 AM
Yup. And took her ulcerated, spin-n-dump "I ride 30 mile conditioning rides every day but can't make it through an LD" wonder mare, too. :rolleyes:

you can be sure she ...and Shadow14...are entertaining/irritating/inciting/exasperating the poor readers of some other board somewhere far, far away from COTHland.

People like that don't abandon the internet...they merely resurface somewhere else as the super-superior knowledge-giver gift to all horse owners/riders everywhere.

I, for one, am deliriously delighted they are now simply COTH archival history. :yes: Bet Thomas1 is, too.

Yeah, but where's the entertainment? :(

Bank of Dad
Nov. 3, 2009, 07:08 AM
We've still managed to have a whole thread on them, LOL.

RidingAllDay
Nov. 3, 2009, 08:16 AM

Well you called that one spot on GTD. Vickey and Norval both are over on horseshoes.com causing trouble. Even Anne Coley has resurfaced, ooo the love.

Norval loves to irritate the farriers and Vickey is now a resident expert on farriery it's really entertaining, but as someone else said, you can just close the page if you get too upset.

I'm sure Vickey will be back, she wasn't banned, just stormed off in a huff, when certain people pulled up previous posts to show how she was telling different stories depending on the day ;)

Hey we could start a "pool" with money going to charity on what date she returns.

Thomas' charity is a good one and we all know how to send money there. Anyone want to play?

jeano
Nov. 3, 2009, 08:52 AM
I just waded thru the A2 swan song trainwreck over in Horse Care. Wow. Norval came back as an alter on Horse Care and mods nailed him after about 2 posts.

Cant figure out, though, why A2 wasnt banned along with Ambrey and Shadow--all Ambrey ever did was cause trainwrecks, she was always kind of polite when she did it, too. I do miss them.

Perhaps the mods should be asked to add another forum, just for trainwrecks--just move the thread there and not let the wreckers contribute to any other forum for a set amount of time. Better than banning them and ruining the fun for the rest of us. Uh, oh, that was pretty snarky. I'll shut up now.

Moderator 1
Nov. 3, 2009, 09:04 AM
We try to extend posting privileges as liberally as possible and provide the opportunity for folks to contribute, regardless of their viewpoints, but when users are documented to repeatedly disregard posting policy and/or moderator direction and prove disruptive to the community, their days are numbered. Much of the events leading up to a banning can occur behind the scenes, so the contributing factors may not always be publicly evident.

Cursing at the mods, or other users, can tend to expedite that process too. ;)

Back to discussion of actual horses vs. BB drama...

Thanks,
Mod 1 :)