PDA

View Full Version : Trick-or-treating livestock.

didgery
Nov. 1, 2009, 01:41 PM
Had to share this photo of my rabbit Harriet in her halloween costume. She went as a fairy, of course.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=766296&id=1058283407

kookicat
Nov. 1, 2009, 03:00 PM
I can't see your pic :(

cloudyandcallie
Nov. 1, 2009, 03:50 PM
How cute! What did your mule go as?
Cloudy went as a manure stain, as usual, but he did "treat" the other horses at the barn to apples.

dmalbone
Nov. 1, 2009, 05:00 PM
You should consider please using public facebook links on a bulletin board. There are links you can use for non-facebookers. :(

didgery
Nov. 1, 2009, 06:56 PM
Sorry that some of you can't see my photo! I have tried to use the public link . . . I have my photo options set to "everyone can view" - what am I doing wrong?

Marcella
Nov. 2, 2009, 12:45 AM
My horse is boarded in the middle of a VERY nice subdivision. Total McMansions. The kids ride around treating on various golf carts or hay wagons pulled by ATVs. They come to the barn and the boarders hand out candy by their horse's stall. It is a lot of fun. The kids are all regulars anyways, and stop by a lot to hand out treats to horses after school (or take lessons).

It is a unique setup. The barn used to be in the middle of cattle fields 15 years ago, but I was lucky(?) enough to see the change, and really, it has been nice because a lot of us feel committed to showing a new gen of kids the wonders of horses.

We even created a community compost spot so everyone in the neighborhood can brind in their waste and put it in the manure pile. In the spring, people take it for their gardens. Borderline green crazy maybe...I was lucky enough to create the program for a grad degree class.