PDA

View Full Version : Is there a "CANTER" for QH's?

paintjumper
Oct. 30, 2009, 07:06 PM
A friend is looking for a gelding to replace his lifelong roping horse, and a QH is what he is looking for.
Thanks

sidepasser
Oct. 30, 2009, 07:13 PM
LOPE in Texas is the only one I know about. They have some nice horses come through there, I actually owned one at one time, made a nice A hunter and is still with the owner I placed him with. I got him "second hand" from a girl who got him through LOPE, and he was the bomb, very trainable and very nice. Great form over fences and excellent on the flat.

I still keep up with him and his owner and it's been, how many years? I'd say almost five and the lady who got him from me got him for vet fees (coggins/shots/worming, and the PPE) as I knew I couldn't ride him with that scope.

Try LOPE - Noe had a slight bow that never has affected him, he's still sound today and competing in the AA Owners classes..doing great!

paintjumper
Oct. 30, 2009, 07:57 PM
I'll check it out!

ivy62
Oct. 31, 2009, 07:58 AM
Please check out AC4H.com under the broker horses. There is a horse there Double Diamond that is a roping horse and dead broke. If I could take on another one he would be it.. Moves nice and well trained..when you get to the site go to broker horses and he is on page 4 or 5 I think. If he is not bought he will go through the auction.
If you cannot get to the site let me know, I would love for this horse to have a happy home...

paintjumper
Oct. 31, 2009, 08:40 AM
I'll tell him about him, although I'm afraid he is too small. I would love to see him with a good home. I am not familiar with this site, why must he end up at auction, I thought the site rescued horses from auction? Just a bit confused.

Christa P
Oct. 31, 2009, 09:45 AM
I'll tell him about him, although I'm afraid he is too small. I would love to see him with a good home. I am not familiar with this site, why must he end up at auction, I thought the site rescued horses from auction? Just a bit confused.

I have not dealt with AC4H, but my understanding from reading various threads is AC4H rescues some horses, but they also offer a free listing service for dealers. The dealers can list horses they have for sale and if the horse doesn't sell by the cutoff date it is either shipped to slaughter or sold through another auction.

Christa

Who wishes I could get 1 or 2 more.

ivy62
Oct. 31, 2009, 11:25 AM
I believe you are right. I have taken a liking to this horse and would hate to see him go to slaughter. A nice home would be awesome. The price is note worthy also...Does anyone know someone looking for a horse like this?