PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Horse Trials

merry_one
Oct. 30, 2009, 11:12 AM
Is there anywhere on line that they will be posting the scoring? I see that they are not live scoring... just wondering.

eventr4life
Oct. 30, 2009, 09:32 PM
PLEASE! i really want to know as well!!!

steves
Oct. 30, 2009, 11:06 PM
I will post scores
They will be on the website

steves
Oct. 30, 2009, 11:22 PM
ok
the partial results are up

wsmoak
Oct. 30, 2009, 11:36 PM
Thank you! I'm cheering for Sue and Amazing Grace, a grey Irish sport horse mare -- looks like her Novice team is in first place so far. :)

Revelations
Oct. 31, 2009, 12:13 AM
Thank you Steve, for all of your hard work and keeping all of us at home updated!

Hilary
Oct. 31, 2009, 09:17 AM
Thanks for updating and your interactive course map is really cool! Maybe next year.....

kiwifruit
Oct. 31, 2009, 01:57 PM
Any thoughts on the cross country at Virginia? My horse is going training tomorrow with my trainer and all I got out of him was that there was some questions on the course. Is it a true end of the year course for the level? I looked at the interactive course walk but it all looks straightforward by the picture. Anyone ride the training stadium today? Any issues?

denny
Oct. 31, 2009, 07:16 PM
Have today`s (Sat, Oct 31) scores been posted anywhere? Can anyone provide the link?

Thanks.

Eventer55
Oct. 31, 2009, 08:20 PM
You can go on the VAHT website, but they don't have all of them up yet.

steves
Oct. 31, 2009, 08:21 PM
just did
http://vahorsetrials.com/pages/results/fall09/fall09results.html

piaffequeen
Nov. 1, 2009, 08:11 PM
Congrats to all of Caroline Dowd's and Beth Peter's students on this weekend!

starkissed
Nov. 1, 2009, 10:40 PM
I just found out the little mare I rode all summer went to the trials and got 2nd(BN)!! A fellow named Ryan Wood was riding her, she is such a blast of a horse. I wish I could have seen her.
And if there was a photographer there, I'd love to know who so I could see the proofs!

piaffeprincess98
Nov. 2, 2009, 08:02 AM
Brant Gamma was there. It usually takes a week or two to get hers up. I don't remember the website address off the top of my head.

Catalina
Nov. 2, 2009, 08:25 AM
psst, hey Inquisitive.... HUGE CONGRATS on your awesome weekend !!!!

LisaB
Nov. 2, 2009, 08:44 AM
Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool: Penny :cool:

eventgroupie2
Nov. 2, 2009, 08:58 AM
More congrats for Inquisitive! We had the pleasure of hosting her and her mom for the weekend- not that we got to see them much with all our busy schedules! Both she and her horse make a lovely pair, and I am so pleased that she had such success with him.

scubed
Nov. 2, 2009, 09:27 AM
Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny Penny

+1

gully's pilot
Nov. 2, 2009, 10:24 AM
A HUGE thank you to the center staff for getting the xc rideable so quickly on Sunday. It rained all night, and was still raining hard when I walked the course at 7:30 am. My first thought was, "No way"--standing water on both sides of the bank, lots and lots of murky puddles--I was thinking that certain fences, especially the downhill cabin and the Trakhener, could not possibly be made safe--and found, on my walk, that they had already been removed from the course. By the time I had the bank in sight again a big dump truck was there putting quick-dry or gravel or something into the puddles. Every takeoff and landing was tended to. They bumped the first xc start back an hour, but ran extremely efficiently, taking riders on an as-ready basis, so that novice and beginner novice divisions were able to start on time.

I elected to head on, with the mental provisio that I would pull up the first time Gully slipped. He never did. We were eliminated at the water--the first time I've ever been eliminated xc--but that was my fault, not in any way the condition of the course. Until then, one fence from home, it was one of our best rounds ever.

WakeRider
Nov. 2, 2009, 11:22 AM
Wow what a spectacular weekend! The event was so well run, especially with the Sat night downpour. The courses were true eventing courses, asking questions in a positive way... with lots of gallop lanes and easier fences in between the harder questions. I have to say my favorite part of the weekend was Brian playing " I believe i can fly" for the pony's victory gallop for YOI and saying "You tell those thoroughbred and warmbloods who rules this arena!"

Anyone who hasn't had the opportunity to compete at Virginia should definitely try to hit this venue next year! It's well worth the trip!

**GO WAKE FOREST, 2nd in the College Team Challenge**

Great weekend, can't wait until the spring!

piaffeprincess98
Nov. 2, 2009, 11:22 AM
I thought the log into water was a big one for my guy's first go at training. We've only ever done banks and maybe a one-foot high log into water. He was great, just bounded right in. Of course, I should have come back up sooner, so I landed heavy on the other side. He was really great the whole weekend. It's a cool feeling to know that I've trained him from the beginning (with the help of Ishi when she first had him). He was so proud of himself when we finished and was ready to go around again!

I saw your stadium round and victory lap, Courtney. That must have felt really awesome.

LisaB
Nov. 2, 2009, 11:42 AM
My favorite Brian-ism is when he said 'You show those bay Thoroughbreds who's boss!'
You had the best round Courtney. That little guy just skipped over everything.
Well done!

hopashore1
Nov. 2, 2009, 06:40 PM
Great weekend for my guy!

The crew did an AMAZING job getting XC ready to go! I walked the course and was worried about the footing but decided to try and run and just be ready to pull up if he felt like he was slipping. He never did, he handled everything great! Was a little worried about that jump into the water but he just added a little stride in as he peeked and jumped right in. Ended up 5th.

inquisitive
Nov. 2, 2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks Catalina and EventGroupie2! I had such a blast and am so thankful to Cindy for putting together the ATC and for Penny and Brian for putting on an awesome HT!

My boy put in his best dressage and XC trip of the year!

My baby provided a bit of comic relief in the FEH Champs but was very chill the entire weekend.

I'm so proud of them both and had a wonderful time!

SuperEventer
Nov. 2, 2009, 09:07 PM
As always, I had a great time at VA!! The staff is always very helpful and the event is VERY WELL RUN. Penny and Brian do an excellent job of making things work.

I took my 5 year old stallion to his first BN. He was very green in all three phases, but he pulled it all off quite well. The jump just before the water was a bit much for his baby brain, so we had 2 stops there, but he ended up barreling right through after that! Our score probably wouldn't show it, but he was a STAR all weekend. :) No one even knew he was a stallion!

Thanks again to all of the staff and volunteers!

LisaB
Nov. 4, 2009, 01:23 PM
sigh ... tapping my fingers, waiting for Brant to get her pics up. Of course, it's always worth the wait for her pics.
Also, is the COTH going to put an article in for the ATC's in an issue? If so, which one?

inquisitive
Nov. 4, 2009, 01:45 PM
sigh ... tapping my fingers, waiting for Brant to get her pics up. Of course, it's always worth the wait for her pics.
Also, is the COTH going to put an article in for the ATC's in an issue? If so, which one?

Coree had said Nov 18 :)