PDA

View Full Version : Mid Coast Maine Barns

woodbridge
Oct. 29, 2009, 11:19 PM
I may be moving to Camden Maine and am looking for a barn with an indoor and good turnout. Does anyone have any suggestions?

RiverBendPol
Oct. 30, 2009, 06:47 AM
Try Willette Brown. She's great, an ex eventer now DQ. She's in Union, Maine, her farm is called Hunter Hill. Sorry I can't find her # right now!

Renascence
Oct. 31, 2009, 09:48 PM
Welcome to Camden! This one is my favorite, it takes me 35 minutes from Rockport, but the turnout is all day and the indoor is the biggest in the midcoast. The atmosphere here is wonderful and friendly and family run. They change the jump courses every week...it is so fun! Virginia Shaw's cell is 207 624-2814. I board in the winter and Virginia ( a really good hunter trainer) really brought my game up last year. Maybe I will see you there this year! Holly Limoges

deltasnazzydee
Oct. 31, 2009, 09:59 PM
If your an event rider you may find Willette Brown has the expertise you would be looking for.Plus Willette has the credentials to back her up. She has had 3 students make it to NA/YR.
Stonewall Stables is a nice place however Virginia is strictly hunter and does not focus on dressage principles. I guess it depends on what you want out of a boarding facility.

Renascence
Oct. 31, 2009, 11:07 PM
Virginia Shaw at Stonewall is credentialed and acomplished, and she gave me excellent flatwork and O/f instruction based on correct dressage principles, this helped my stadium and X-cty a lot. I do take extra dressage lessons from a Grand Prix trainer in Camden because I have a horse that I bred to event, but who also shows upper level dressage potential..go figure. Willette is the one who introduced me to combined training 12 years ago when I boarded at Hunter Hill, and she is also an excellent horsewoman with excellent credentials who has been around a long time.