PDA

View Full Version : Jingles for Jester..Mystery Diagnosis Horse Style

PnkPanthr
Oct. 29, 2009, 01:47 PM
Jester and I would love for all you wonderful COTHers to send some jingles our way..

Heres the story
The day before Waredaca, Jester came up a little sore on his right front. My chiropractor was in the area so I had him look at Jester, he adjusted him, Jester turns out fine. AWESOME actually.

Again the day of Waredaca, Jester turns up tendon sore, not bad at all, hell, not even noticably. Only if you knew Jester would u know that he wasnt right.
He was fine if we had just cantered, but occasionally when we would make a tight turn, he would cross and take a funny step.

No problem, so we pulled him, took him home, and poulticed his foot and his tendon for the night. The next day he still was no better, so I had both the farrier and the chiropractor come out. All shoes were fine, and had him adjusted again, this time with the vet present.

However, 2 days before the show, Jester did get shod, and it did change the angle of his foot pretty dramatically. This might have something to do with it?

Now granted on a lameness scale out of 1 to 10, Jester is a 1. But he just isnt quite right. The tendon is sore if u "test" it and after walking for 15 minutes he is tired. So i am thinking he is just sore from the adjustment?(or hoping thats all it is anyway)

Right now his regime consists of sweat wraps on the tendon at night, cold hosing before he gets walked to 15 minutes stretching, then ice wrapped. His shoulder and neck which got adjusted are also getting sore no more.

If Jester doesnt begin to show signs of improvement by Monday, the vet is coming out to do a baseline, and he may to go a clinic if there is no protocol from there.

JINGLES PLEASE

PnkPanthr

NMK
Oct. 29, 2009, 01:57 PM
Tendon injuries are best diagnosed by ultrasound. We have an amazing vet up here that has helped many horses return to soundness using his diagnostic skills and strict protocol. The best prognosis comes from early detection. Jingling that you have a good ultrasound vet in your area.

eventerwannabe
Oct. 29, 2009, 02:07 PM
Jingles......hope it's nothing too serious:yes:

LLDM
Oct. 29, 2009, 08:00 PM
However, 2 days before the show, Jester did get shod, and it did change the angle of his foot pretty dramatically. This might have something to do with it?

Yes, it most certainly could. Why the dramatic change in angle? Especially right before a competition?

Big jingles for Jester and hoping it is as simple as too big a change in angles at one time.

SCFarm