PDA

View Full Version : POSTPONED to Nov 7 Volunteers needed Crystal Crown Judged Trail Ride Delaplane VA

Janet
Oct. 29, 2009, 11:56 AM
I guess COTH counts as "my address book".

I have never been involved with the judged trail ride, but Marlys is very well organized and very pleasant to work with.

Please forward this to others in your email address book who may be interested in helping.

p { margin: 0; }
Hi Folks,

We are just a few days away from the NHS Crystal Crown Judged Trail Ride ... and we NEED volunteers. We need a total of at least 40 NHS volunteers for this event to be a success, and we have less than half that. This is the largest NHS event of the year, held at one of the most beautiful trail locations in the state, Sky Meadows State Park in Delaplane, VA ... (just past Marshall, VA).
A portion of the revenue from this event goes back to benefit the equestrian trail system at Sky Meadows State Park. In fact, Sky Meadows has asked the NHS for assistance and input on creating and opening new equestrian trails in the upcoming year. The remaining revenue earned from this event goes to benefit other NHS projects during the year.

Absolutely no experience is necessary to volunteer for the event. You will be given complete written instructions on what your duties will be. Some volunteer positions are just for a half day or less, but most are required to stay for the entire event. Please let us know where you can help. For complete details of the event, and directions to the site, go to our website at www.NokesvilleHorseSociety.org (http://www.nokesvillehorsesociety.org/)

Event Date: This Sunday, November 1
Location: Sky Meadows State Park, Delaplane, VA (the next exit west of Marshall, VA)

Available Volunteer Positions:

Parking:
3 volunteers needed
Start time: 6:45
End time: Approximately 12-noon
Event Set-up

3 or 4 volunteers needed
Saturday, October 31 (contact Marlys for times)
Registration

2 volunteers needed
Start Time: 6:45am
End Time: Approximately 12-noon
Food Coordinator(s)

1 or 2 volunteers: to bag up lunches for both volunteers and participants. Food items for lunches will be purchased in advanced and will just need to be bagged up.
JUDGES, JUDGES, JUDGES and Judges helpers

This is our most critical need. We need at least one judge and one judge's helper at each of the 10 obstacles. Again, no experience is necessary other than "good horse sense". You will be provided with a very detail written description of obstacle and a written description of how to judge the participant. Judges helpers will help reset the obstacle between participants.
20 PEOPLE NEEDED !!!!!!!!
Start Time: 7:15am
End Time: End of event (approximately 4 or 5pm, depending on which obstacle you are on.)
Course Tear Down/Clean up & pack up

Approximately 5 volunteers needed
Start Time: 4pm
End Time: 6pm
Final Trail Check (Monday)

2 or 3 volunteers needed
Start Time: Check with Marlys
Once around the trail (can be on horseback) to confirm that all debris has been picked up and location/site is left in better condition than what it was when we arrived for the event!
Again, ... this event is just a few days away ... and we NEED your help.
If you can help in any way, please contact Marlys Shoup at:
MarlysShoup@comcast.net
Cell: 703-402-3725
Home: 703-754-4981

Thanks,
Jeff Shoup
Co-Director of Events
Nokesville Horse Society
www.NokesvilleHorseSociety.org (http://www.nokesvillehorsesociety.org/)

jazzrider
Oct. 29, 2009, 12:17 PM
If I didn't already have other stuff going on that day -- I'd help out. If anyone can -- I encourage you to do it. Volunteering at a JPR is a lot of fun, and a great way to see the ride up close if you've never done one. The success of it depends on their volunteers, so if you've got the time -- it would be a huge help to NHS and a fun day for you. :yes:

JustTrails
Oct. 29, 2009, 05:10 PM
Wish I wasn't on the opposite coast - I would love to help out!

Janet
Nov. 3, 2009, 08:58 AM
I got an email that it was postponed

Due to heavy rains overnight, and a change in today's forecast to rain extending through more of the day, the excessively wet conditions in the field to be used for parking and the excessively wet trail conditions has forced us to reschedule the Nov. 1 NHS Crystal Crown Judged Trail Ride to next Sunday, Nov. 7.

We will still need volunteers for the reschedule event on Nov. 7. If you can help please contact Event Manager, Marlys Shoup at MarlysShoup@comcast.net or 703-754-4981.