PDA

View Full Version : Overbrook liquidation

hitchinmygetalong
Oct. 28, 2009, 09:01 PM
Sad sad sad. They sold off the yearlings at Keeneland September and a boatload of bred mares and weanlings are being sold WITHOUT RESERVE at Keeneland November.

What happens to Storm Cat?

Not to mention the farm personnel, some of whom have been there for a long, long time....

Linny
Oct. 28, 2009, 10:30 PM
Storm Cat is a lifetime pensioner at the farm. They still have some mares and young stock, though I'm not sure for how long.

Muleskick
Oct. 29, 2009, 01:36 AM
Hope this helps.
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/51177/overbrook-farm-to-disperse-stock

hitchinmygetalong
Oct. 29, 2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the link, Muleskick. I do remember reading about this quite a while ago, but it really hit me while I was going through the November catalog and seeing all the Overbrook mares in there.

So I guess Storm Cat and a little band of horses will just live out their lives in a quiet corner of the farm with a small support staff? That is a very nice way to close the book on Overbrook, I suppose.

I can't imagine what TB organization could possibly lease the Overbrook property, especially now with so many mares leaving for states with better state-bred incentives.

Kentucky better get its head out of its behind before it is too late. There are so many that sit in their insulated little worlds resting on their laurels - nothing is forever, my friends.