PDA

View Full Version : FEH Championships -- who's going?

JER
Oct. 28, 2009, 04:22 PM
I'm not going but my 3 year-old filly will be there.

I don't expect her to score well -- she's a full TB and looks it. As in skinny and always in a growth spurt. Perhaps it's a good thing that it's so close to Halloween -- she has a lovely skeleton. :D

But still, we persist. Why? Because it's a fun day out in a show atmosphere. Because the FEH series is a good idea, even if the execution's not perfect. And because the full TB will always have a place in eventing.

If you do go, please say hello to my filly Nina. She's hopelessly gregarious and gives hugs completely indiscriminately. (She's great with kids, too.)

And I'd love to see pics, so bring your cameras...

:)

inquisitive
Oct. 28, 2009, 04:35 PM
I'll be there!

I'm in the same boat with my yearling. He was born very late and dysmature so is smaller and more petite than many of the other hunks (yes, I would qualify some of the yearlings that I've seen as hunks :lol: )

But, we still go too! It'll be his first away show and his big brother is going to be babysitting :D

I'll try to take some pics (not sure when I am riding my other boy in dressage that day). What does your girl look like?

Best of luck!

ThirdCharm
Oct. 28, 2009, 05:03 PM
One of my students is going with a 2 yo TB I bred. Alas he just hit a growth spurt so his butt is about 2" higher than his withers. Oh well! He's still purty (bay, four stockings, blaze...)

Jennifer

casemonster
Oct. 28, 2009, 06:26 PM
Jennifer - he's gorgeous - but of course I'm biased.

We are the last 2 year old to go - then hightailing it back to Charlotte because I couldn't get a hotel room.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Horse Center again - I lived in Waynesboro, Virginia from 1987 to 1997 and showed at the Horse Center a bunch, but haven't been back since.

GreyDun
Oct. 28, 2009, 07:21 PM
A bunch of the USEA folks will be there covering the event and helping Brian & Penny - and trying to take photos in the (dark...alas!) indoor.

See everyone there!

SuperEventer
Oct. 28, 2009, 09:14 PM
I'm taking two yearling fillies of my client's. They were a bit excited at The Ark FEH classes, so I'm hoping we can put in a less entertaining performance at the Champs. haha

Glenbaer
Oct. 29, 2009, 12:23 PM
Perhaps it's a good thing that it's so close to Halloween -- she has a lovely skeleton. :D

So... the black and orange festive outfit I was originally planning is too apropos? :winkgrin:

This is going to be great for the youngsters. I believe there is at least one other pure-TB, so Nina isn't the token breed rep this time. However, this does feel a bit like bringing a girl who is destined to succeed in marathon running to a football linemen conference. :lol:

StoneleighFarm
Oct. 29, 2009, 01:01 PM
A newbie to the Forum...

I will be there with my 2yr old gelding. He will be the petite pinto(I told him to channel his best Teddy O'Connor!). Not his fault.. his mom is a pony! Actually was the first horse on the grounds yesterday afternoon after a 12 hr drive in from NY(amazing to actually see the sun btw...).

Looking forward to meeting everyone! :)

subk
Oct. 29, 2009, 01:11 PM
However, this does feel a bit like bringing a girl who is destined to succeed in marathon running to a football linemen conference. :lol:
Just remember that your TB has a better chance of overcoming her marathon running attributes than those linebackers have of overcoming their linebacker-ness! Of course, that would be down the road--when it is actually important! :D Cheering for Nina!

JER
Oct. 29, 2009, 02:33 PM
I'm pleased to hear there will be other TBs and even a pony (and a coloured one at that -- it's a good thing I'm not there because I might have to steal him :)).

Nina is very much a future UL event horse. Unfortunately, the attributes that indicate this aren't going to be on display at an FEH competition. She has a smooth, looong-striding gallop, great balance and an unflappable temperament. Goes right through the water, over ditches, whatever.

But big triangle trot? Sorry, wrong horse.

GreyDun
Oct. 29, 2009, 04:24 PM
By the way, we snagged some great prizes this year: handmade pottery trophies, awesome ribbons, gift certificates for USEA logowear, Back on Track wraps, Horse Quencher, Fleeceworks pad, and Foxden Equine gift certificates. Yay!

And don't forget - we're in the East Complex Arena...when you enter the park, stay to the left.

casemonster
Oct. 29, 2009, 09:17 PM
I'm bringing Answer That (aka Tibby) bred by Thirdcharm - I've ridden his sire - too cool - he has a canter to die for.

Love TB's.

casemonster