PDA

View Full Version : Dressage Judge and Scribe

Gry2Yng
Oct. 27, 2009, 09:44 PM
Going to a horsey themed Halloween party. Costumes required - must be horsey. I think my husband and I are going to be dressage judge and scribe. TOTALLY TONGUE in CHEEK. Have also thought I could dress DH as my "stud kit" but not sure how to create that costume. As little work as possible, as much as I can find in my house as possible.

Thinking of putting the judge in dark glasses, white cane, duck boots, whistle, big straw hat or derby (if man).

Scribe, goodie basket, clipboard with test, cup full of pens.

Not sure whether I should be the judge or have my husband be the judge. If husband is scribe, I think we would dress him like a woman as IMHO, male scribes are few and far between.

Anyone have any other ideas? TIA.

Janet
Oct. 27, 2009, 10:27 PM
Seeing eye dog?

Mach Two
Oct. 28, 2009, 02:12 AM
Perfect, Janet! Seeing Eye Dog!
You gotta let him be the judge, and put him in a bowler, necktie, dark glasses, cane.

And the scribe will have candy, a thermos, dog treats, and a "bribe jar"

showmom4u
Oct. 28, 2009, 10:00 AM
This is second hand info based on a conversation with a friend who just bought this up in MI, but it sounds like a riot. If you have Meijer around you, you may want to check it out. They have this "rearing horse" costume. Your legs go into the horses hind legs of the costume and the front legs of the horse stick out over your shoulders. She said it was not expensive either. Good luck!

Gry2Yng
Oct. 28, 2009, 10:09 AM
Excellent, thank you all!

subk
Oct. 28, 2009, 08:12 PM
You are required to post pictures no later than Monday!

flutie1
Oct. 28, 2009, 08:45 PM
Excellent, thank you all!

Bess as a seeing eye dog? You might reconsider!

retreadeventer
Oct. 28, 2009, 08:55 PM
OMG ROFL! How clever! Judge must have hip flask too!

Gry2Yng
Oct. 28, 2009, 09:48 PM
I went to the costume shop today and bought one of those German hats like Father Von Trapp wore, a grey mustache and fangs for Mike to wear as dressage judge. Of course dark glasses and a "donations" jar.

I got a ball and chain for scribe. Will add other items as mentioned above. I think Bess will have to stay home. Having trouble locating a white cane. I feel a bit politically incorrect asking.

Mach Two
Oct. 29, 2009, 10:05 PM
Go to the livestock supply and get a "sorting pole" and wrap it with white tape.
it will make a great tool for ground work at some point. It's about 4 feet long, tapered, stiff fiberglass with a handle. Perfect!

Gry2Yng
Oct. 29, 2009, 11:36 PM
Thanks. Perfect. I have a stash of white vet wrap, from back in the day when I used porter boots.

pony grandma
Oct. 29, 2009, 11:44 PM
You could make some judging paddles and judge other's costumes.

Is DH more like Bruno or Len :D ?