PDA

View Full Version : Compliments for Traveled Lane Trailers

Ridley
Oct. 27, 2009, 04:53 PM
8 years ago, I went in search of a Brenderup and found Traveled Lane Trailers in Centreville, MD. I was ready to buy new from them, but the owner at Traveled Lane remembered a prior client who had a used Brenderup for sale. She gave me the man's number, and essentially, gave away her sale. 8 years later, the trailer has been in excellent shape and hasn't needed repairs -- until my enormous 4 yo cleveland bay cross decided to do the cha cha on a recent trip -- and twisted the frame. I called Traveled Lane and she had me booked in an appointment within a day. I spent the morning there today, and came away with a fixed trailer at a VERY reasonable price.

I wish I could send her more business, and will definitely plan to buy my next trailer from her. I hope this little note sends more business her way -- these folks know customer service!

deacon's mom
Oct. 27, 2009, 05:55 PM
I've had excellent - and prompt - customer service from them as well.

b

pandorasboxx
Oct. 27, 2009, 07:34 PM
I purchased my Brenderup from them 5 years ago. Nice people, easy transaction. When I do purchase another, it will be from Traveled Lane.

blaster
Oct. 27, 2009, 08:46 PM
8 years later, the trailer has been in excellent shape and hasn't needed repairs -- until my enormous 4 yo cleveland bay cross decided to do the cha cha on a recent trip -- and twisted the frame.

Really, twisted the frame? That's really scary..

Ridley
Oct. 28, 2009, 09:36 AM
yup. Also bent the chest bar (TLT can't figure out how to unbend it), lifting the center divider out of the floor. Couldn't close the butt bars or the back ramp. He just doesn't seem to have his sea legs yet, and was in 4 shipping boots to prevent scrapes -- opened the trailer and he had also removed all 4 boots. I think the trailer is just too small for him.

Good thing about the brenderup (no flame mail, please) is that they can get it back in alignment pretty easily.''

-ETA -- just so i don't get beat up by all the Brenderup-is-evil crowd.. There are terms of art to describe how it works, but essentially, the Brenderup is designed so things like the butt bars and chest bars integrate into the total balance of the trailer, so if one of those gets twisted, or bent, it pulls the walls, and as a result, the frame out of sync. Mine wasn't tied in a pretzel, but it definitely didn't line up on its own without repair. TLT tested all the appropriate areas for safety and stability (which was the main reason I drove 50 miles for trailer repair) before sending me on my way. I plan to move up to a bigger trailer (and as a result, bigger truck) as soon as I can financially manage it, but for now, will use the B'up for short trips in the local area. If the big boy can't figure out how to ride comfortably, we'll find another way to haul him.

1tblvr
Oct. 28, 2009, 10:37 AM
You can add me to the list of happy customers. :)
I purchased a Calico (fully enclosed) trailer from them last year and they were so helpful and nice! I love my trailer!

RxCate
Oct. 28, 2009, 02:23 PM
We purchased our Brenderup from them almost 6 or 7 yrs ago and it was maahhvelous - My mom sold the trailer after we sold our mare, but now that I'm getting my own, I'll be back up to them soon to see what their stock is :)

jophoto
May. 4, 2010, 12:01 PM
You can add me to the list of happy customers. :)
I purchased a Calico (fully enclosed) trailer from them last year and they were so helpful and nice! I love my trailer!

I just bought a Calico (custom done fully enclosed with drop down windows, added another foot to give my horses more room inside, three horse slant, bumper pull....kick panels, etc.)

They were GREAT at Traveled Lane Trailers and while there, go a little further and have lunch at the Fish Whistle... EXTREMELY happy with their service at Traveled Lane!

To the MAX
May. 4, 2010, 12:07 PM
Freshman year I was all ready to bring my horse home from school after my last final. I plugged my trailer in and nothing...no breaks or lights. I brought it down (with a friend following me in a car), explained my situation, and they had it fixed the same day. I would recommend them to anyone!