PDA

View Full Version : Nunn Finer Soft Grip Reins

event101
Oct. 27, 2009, 03:18 PM
Has anybody tried the new "soft grip reins"? I loved how soft and flexible my old Eventa reins were, but these other ones are a little less pricey. What do ya think?

allisontatman
Oct. 27, 2009, 03:23 PM
I love them! I get mine from Bartville though, and they are like $50!

judybigredpony
Oct. 27, 2009, 03:26 PM
Love them got several sets @ Bartville put them on all my schooling bridles.

easyklc
Oct. 27, 2009, 03:49 PM
I love them! I gave up on the Eventa reins after trying these. They are smaller and easier to hold IMO. The leather is soft, cleans up and oils nicely. I have a pair for each bridle! Worth the price! You can sometimes find them on eBay for less than $70.

eventer_mi
Oct. 27, 2009, 06:53 PM
Love them. I love the fact that you can just take a sponge to them and get the grungies off. Nice and supple, too, unlike other rubber reins. I have them both on my jumping bridle as well as my dressage bridle.

Badger
Oct. 27, 2009, 07:07 PM
Love them for flatwork. Bought several pairs before I realized that they do not allow enough grip when wet from rain or sweat to be functional for hunting or cross-country. So I use them for dressage and schooling.

gold2012
Oct. 27, 2009, 07:51 PM
LOVE EM LOVE EM LOVE EM. Haven't had the above problem, but I also have grippy gloves. LOVE EM. Sad to see everyone else got them for 50.00 I paid 85 for each of mine.

atleventer
Oct. 28, 2009, 10:47 AM
i looooove mine! my prelim horse pulls like a freight train on xc, and they don't hurt my hands. have two pairs, one for xc, and one for dressage

Evntr4Life
Oct. 29, 2009, 08:38 PM
Love, Love, Love, Love them.

have them for schooling and showing and they're on all my bridles. i won't use anything else.

JumpingBug
Oct. 30, 2009, 12:34 AM
Love them for all my flat and stadium BUT they can become very very slick when rain or wet from say water jump... Seriously slick.

I do not have huge hands and love them for dressage

jn4jenny
Oct. 30, 2009, 08:09 AM
Love them for all my flat and stadium BUT they can become very very slick when rain or wet from say water jump... Seriously slick.

I do not have huge hands and love them for dressage

And this is why I bought the Thinline reins instead. ;) They actually get MORE tacky when they get wet.

I do like the Soft Grips for the price though.

event101
Oct. 30, 2009, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the input everyone! I'm excited to order some for my dressage bridle!