PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Davidson clinic...experiences??

baddog
Oct. 27, 2009, 10:14 AM
What's he like as a clinician?

What are his favorite exercises as I'm riding in a clinic with him shortly so I'd like to be prepared.

Thanks for your input!!

Jupes
Oct. 27, 2009, 10:23 AM
Gymnastics!!!

I rode with him a few years ago, and I remember going through the "gauntlet" a lot. lol. He was definitely challenging, but fun. And very perceptive of your strengths and weaknesses. I'm a big fan.

Fergs
Oct. 27, 2009, 10:30 AM
Bruce is the best! You will do lots of grids, and you will probably jump a lot higher than you think you should. And then, when it's over, you'll feel really proud of yourself and your pony!

raave05
Oct. 27, 2009, 12:13 PM
Bruce is the best! You will do lots of grids, and you will probably jump a lot higher than you think you should. And then, when it's over, you'll feel really proud of yourself and your pony!

sounds about right. i've never cliniced with bruce, but i know quite a few that have. he is definitely not one of those clinicians where you pay 600 for a weekend and end up jumping 2'6 as you work on your serpentines. you'll get your money's worth, get a little adrenaline rush, and i guarantee the next xc course you walk will not look nearly as scary as before the clinic :)

Ltc4h
Oct. 27, 2009, 01:05 PM
As above, Challenging.
I love riding with him.
Although I've always taken a horse very capable of the questions asked.
Trotting into 4' grids, and by god you better be trotting.
He is not one to placate a rider, but is extremely talented and is looking to making you a better rider than you think you are.
Go prepared and you'll learn alot and have fun.

2horseowner
Oct. 27, 2009, 04:52 PM
Everyone is right about being challenging. I rode in the training group a while back, and we jumped preliminary/intermediate stadium. You will be pushed out of your comfort zone. One of his favorite exercises was to walk up to a 3' vertical and jump. You had to walk, no trotting period. Boy, did it improve the walk. You will learn a lot, and you will be very confident if are prepared to go outside your level somewhat.

Auto Be A Storm
Oct. 27, 2009, 05:13 PM
Tons of Grids and crazy jumps to get you in the center of the jump.....it was awesome :) he is a great guys super sweet and believes in every rider has the potential to do what he is asking of you!!! i found it very rewarding when he says good job!

gold2012
Oct. 27, 2009, 06:59 PM
Lucky You!!!