PDA

View Full Version : Event trainers in GA or AL

JrRider89
Oct. 26, 2009, 07:49 PM
I go to school at Auburn University in Auburn, AL and have a 5yr old tbred im trying to sell who I think will make a GREAT event horse. I have done hunter/jumpers my whole life so I dont know anyone in the event realm. I would love to get my horse started in eventing and was wondering who I could contact in my area for lessons and training. Im very close to Pine Mountain, GA, columbus, ga, and montgomery, al

EventingChase
Oct. 26, 2009, 08:00 PM
Julie Burns Richard is in Newnan area and is back actively teaching and Competing...

klc
Oct. 26, 2009, 08:11 PM
Leigh Ellen Roberts Ertle is in Pine Mountain. She has Big Bear Farm. You can go to www.bigbearfarm.com for her contact info. My daughter loves her and has learned a ton.

puffin2
Oct. 26, 2009, 09:15 PM
Nick Cwick and Lindsey Rairden in Newnan, Ga......Capstone Eventing.

clpony
Oct. 26, 2009, 09:42 PM
you have a few options as listed above.......
julie burns, nick cwick, werner geven at poplar place, imtiaz anees south of newnan.........all are quite capable and accessible from where you are. i believe they are all advanced riders giving lessons.

SweetieG
Oct. 26, 2009, 10:27 PM
You really are in a great location with lots of options all around you.

If it were me, I would look no further than Susan Wainwright in Pike Rd. (Montgomery). She is great all the way around. She was long listed for the '96 Olympics and has wonderful teaching skills as well. She is a professional with great values who loves her horses and respects her students.

I have known her and trained with her for years (although not as frequently as I would like). I also sent my mare to her for training for several months and could not have been happier.

Please pm me if you'd like more info. I'd be glad to help.

RunForIt
Oct. 26, 2009, 10:55 PM
Susan Wainwright, Debi Crowley, Julie Richards...all top notch riders in all 3 phases, all top notch in being trainers for horses and eventers. Lucky you to be close to all three! :cool:

cllane1
Oct. 26, 2009, 11:01 PM
Another vote for Susan Wainwright! She's my trainer and I adore her! Her assistant trainer is also great for lessons.

She has won the AECs, just won the USEA gold medal for Training level, and is consistently among the top riders in her division at every competition.

IrishDeclan
Oct. 27, 2009, 12:31 AM
Yet another vote for Susan!! I've ridden and boarded with her for about 12 years now. She teaches all the young ones to be sensitive to the aids and obedient from the very beginning. Her facility is top notch with a big spacious barn, dressage ring, jump ring, and cross country courses. She and her assistant trainer are both fabulous with the young horses. We have a really fun group of people out there!! I'd be happy to get you contact info if you're interested. I'm sure that you'd be more than welcome to come by and check it all out. Her barn is about 40 minutes from Auburn. Feel free to PM me if you'd like any more info. :)

TakinChances
Oct. 27, 2009, 12:15 PM
Nick Cwick and Lindsey Rairden are new to the Newnan area and have set up shop at Swamp Fox Farm - not too far from Columbus area. I have been riding with them since they came to Georgia and LOVE them! They took my 11year old Appendix (with a bucking problem) for a month and he came back an entirely new horse - we are heading back down indefinitely at the end of this month! I wouldn't have belived it if i hadnt seen it or experienced it first time.

Nick and Lindsey just have a way with horses and with riders - Nick is amazing with all levels or riders, he's calm but he pushes when you need to be pushed and he gets results. Lindsey is on the same page as Nick and they both have very similar riding styles and philosophy’s.

They are amazing with young and inexperienced horses too. Lindsey and Nick really focus on teaching the horse how to jump and flat correctly and they won't just push to get the horse over a fence or XC question. They could really give your guy a good base to start on his way as an event horse and even help in finding him a suitable rider when the time comes!

I would definitly suggest giving them a shot!

atleventer
Oct. 27, 2009, 02:36 PM
Nick Cwick and Lindsey Rairden! I have been riding with them regularly for the past month or so and love them! Both are very nice and positive. They are very patient, don't push me out of my comfort zone, and really are amazing! They are both very good riders, are well rounded, and will make a plan for both you and your horse with very realisitc goals!

cloudyandcallie
Oct. 27, 2009, 03:28 PM
My friends all evented with Kitty Turner. She's in Albany or Valdosta or someplace around there in SW GA. Even when we went to a show in Atlanta, people knew how good she is.

UNCeventer
Oct. 27, 2009, 05:57 PM
Contact greyiscute on the forums here. She lives in Auburn is is very familiar with the local trainers, etc. She also does a lot of Pony Club instruction and might know of some kids who are looking for horses. She could be a more affordable option as well, as she takes in horses for training.