PDA

View Full Version : Starter Trial at Kellys Ford- Virginia Nov 14

starkissed
Oct. 24, 2009, 07:29 PM
Is anyone from here going to the starter trial at Kelly's Ford on November 14th? The entries are due Nov 1 and I am thinking of entering my pony.

They have a REALLY nice course there. I schooled once last spring. I think it only goes to novice. I recall when I was schooling in the spring, that some of them seemed pretty hefty- but I didnt think any were training level. Because of that I am just going to do beginner novice with my guy. I did 2 beginner novice in the summer and I want to end the season on an 'easy' note!

Eventer55
Oct. 24, 2009, 08:24 PM
From what they told me, they are building jumps for the event. I've schooled there a couple of times and saw maybe 3 beginner jumps.

Also, the "baby" dressage test is intro test A small arena. Can someone tell me what that is.

Janet
Oct. 24, 2009, 08:30 PM
Also, the "baby" dressage test is intro test A small arena. Can someone tell me what that is. Go to the sticky on the dressage forum, which will tell you where to find the Intro tests.

starkissed
Oct. 25, 2009, 09:29 PM
oh they are building more jumps? Cool. Yeah there really were not many into/beginner novice jumps if I recall. That's great then I can't wait.

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 26, 2009, 07:09 AM
I was just talking with Amy (Gary from GRC Photo's wife). She is helping organize the event and they are using Kelly's Ford's builder for the jumps. She said the Elementary would just run around one field. They are looking for more entries!

Eventer55
Oct. 26, 2009, 08:34 AM
I haven't sent mine in, but I am definately going.

starkissed
Oct. 30, 2009, 11:20 AM
I am so upset! I can't go to the event because our barn has some sort of "outbreak" where several of the horses are sick and they haven't told me if they know what it is. So basically no one can leave the barn for several weeks.

I was really looking forward to it! Maybe I will come out and watch so I don't feel too left out!

midnightride
Oct. 30, 2009, 01:30 PM
My stallion is going and doing the intro class.... anyone on a mare in heat- please avoid the big red horse:lol::lol:just kidding he is very well behaved....

Ishi
Oct. 31, 2009, 07:56 AM
Anyone know what intro needs to jump XC? Walk through water or a baby ditch?
It's a $20 fee to take more then one horse? Or did I read that wrong?

starkissed
Oct. 31, 2009, 02:37 PM
Anyone know what intro needs to jump XC? Walk through water or a baby ditch?
It's a $20 fee to take more then one horse? Or did I read that wrong?

yeah I wasnt sure how to read that. I seriously doubt they would charge you more to bring more horses- maybe it means that you don't have to pay $20 for the second horse because it's the office fee?
So $60? Not sure.

As for intro- I don't know about here- but I would doubt if there is a ditch, if anything it would just be a dip in the ground with maybe a pole and your horse probably wouldn't even notice.
And it sort of depends on the water. A lot of courses don't make intro go through water, and if they did, you definitely wouldn't have to do anything besides go straight though.

WNT
Oct. 31, 2009, 09:55 PM
I sent my entry in. Couldn't afford membership dues this year, so unrecognized events are my friend!