PDA

View Full Version : Chip Woolley finally is w/o crutches

Glimmerglass
Oct. 22, 2009, 06:32 PM
It must've been the bute :D

BloodHorse 10-22-09 "Woolley Sheds Crutches After Eight Months" (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/53085/woolley-sheds-crutches-after-eight-months?id=53085&source=rss)

... on a sun-filled morning at Santa Anita's Clockers’ Corner, the 45-year-old New Mexico native was limping along without support.

“I actually started walking without them yesterday afternoon,” said Woolley, who is preparing Mine That Bird for the $5 million Breeders’ Cup Classic (gr. I) at Oak Tree on Nov. 7. “It was eight months yesterday since I had the crutches. I’m happy to be rid of them. The doc called me yesterday afternoon and told me I could start walking.

“I’d sent him my X-rays last week. He told me he wanted me to start walking on the leg to stimulate the bone a little more. I think eventually I’ll be without a limp. The accident wasn’t a big wreck. It just broke my leg. I didn’t have another scratch on me or anything. It didn’t even hurt me, other than breaking my leg.

“I’ll have to have another surgery done on it later, and I’ll probably end up back on crutches for a while, but that’s OK.”