PDA

View Full Version : VAHT! ATC, CTC, A2PC, FEH Champs next weekend!

inquisitive
Oct. 22, 2009, 12:03 PM
I couldn't wait to see who else is going!

I'm competing with my gelding in the ATC on a N Team: the Magic Beans! It's the first ATC for all of us and I am looking forward to a great time with other A2ARs!

I'm also bringing my yearling for the FEH championships! It will be his first overnight horseshow and all I hope for is that I'm not totally embarrassed :lol:

Looking forward to 4 days of horsey bliss! :D

Entry stats are in the process of being posted: http://vahorsetrials.com/pages/vht_fall_entry_stats.htm

Big thanks to Brian and Penny for all that they do!

WakeRider
Oct. 22, 2009, 12:25 PM
I'm driving up from NC to go with the boys! It will be the super pony's first intermediate since his accident.. and the baby gets to do his 2nd prelim!

We should plan a little COTH party

HER
Oct. 22, 2009, 12:54 PM
I'm coming from Ohio! I am the lone Area 8 team member on an Area 2 Prelim ATC team- the Kick On team! I'm excited to do another ATC- we got to do the Central this year also. It's been two years since we rode at VA horse park but I remember how beautiful it was! I can't wait! Anyone find any good deals on hotels? Holy Cow they are expensive! And not close...

inquisitive
Oct. 22, 2009, 01:09 PM
I'm coming from Ohio! I am the lone Area 8 team member on an Area 2 Prelim ATC team- the Kick On team! I'm excited to do another ATC- we got to do the Central this year also. It's been two years since we rode at VA horse park but I remember how beautiful it was! I can't wait! Anyone find any good deals on hotels? Holy Cow they are expensive! And not close...

Wow what a haul!

I was unfortunately too late in booking a hotel so I get to stay with eventgroupie2 :D

eventgroupie2
Oct. 22, 2009, 03:10 PM
inquisitive - looking forward to seeing you and your mom on Thursday! :D

Hubby and I will be there as usual- getting you all through stadium as best we can :lol: May have to run home several times during the weekend to tend to Willie, but he comes first!!! :yes:

Looking forward to seeing many friends there - hope the weather is nice. This week has been beautiful so far.

LisaB
Oct. 22, 2009, 03:46 PM
I NEED A TEAM!
I bumped down to training level and so I'm an ATC orphan!

inquisitive
Oct. 22, 2009, 04:33 PM
Good luck LisaB!

We still need a N rider too!

eventgroupie2
Oct. 22, 2009, 05:32 PM
inquisitive and LisaB - have you let Penny know that you need a rider or a team? She might be able to match you up with others in the same situation. Worth a try, anyway.........

LisaB
Oct. 22, 2009, 05:58 PM
She already knows about me.

jubilee.eventing
Oct. 22, 2009, 08:01 PM
I will be there going novice...I cant wait! I love the courses at VHT, although I can never seem to have good luck there

technopony
Oct. 22, 2009, 09:39 PM
I think its parents weekend at W&L, so all the hotels and booked. I did find a room at a Days Inn for $175 per night :o. Luckily I'll be staying with a friend down there.

JRey
Oct. 22, 2009, 10:28 PM
Try the Best Western, guys. Said they have a few open. Just got a very cheap ($70 night) room. Definitely not $175. Yikes. It's parents weekend and W&L so everything is jam-packed and pricey. I just got a room earlier today. I guess this is the time people will start to cancel un-needed rooms.

hopashore1
Oct. 22, 2009, 11:16 PM
I'll be there running Training!

Can't believe two years ago was Owen's first event at Virginia HT at BN, feels good to have come so far!

I'm staying with my boyfriend in Lynchburg...rather the drive than the ridiculous hotel arrangements! Good luck to all those who still need to get rooms--but people DO cancel, I managed to get hotel rooms last year fairly last minute for reasonable, just keep checking on them as they start to open up again.

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 23, 2009, 07:43 AM
I'll be there trying training for the first time with my guy. I went BN last year, so I know how you feel hopashore1. This is probably my favorite event.

Connies Rule
Oct. 23, 2009, 09:21 AM
We will be there with 3 of our Connemara's!! My daughter is riding in the ATC P & also taking her sale pony Novice. 1 of her students is taking our "Champ" BN!! can't wait! this is such a great event!!

WakeRider
Oct. 23, 2009, 11:12 AM
We will be there with 3 of our Connemara's!! My daughter is riding in the ATC P & also taking her sale pony Novice. 1 of her students is taking our "Champ" BN!! can't wait! this is such a great event!!

We should gather all the Connemaras together and get a picture for the Am. Conn. magazine! I'm sure they'd love to see all of them in action!

Connies Rule
Oct. 23, 2009, 04:02 PM
We would be game for that. We have the Bantry Bay Connemara's from Area 1. I send in updates frequently to the ACPS on line news. It would be cool to get a group picture to submit!

jubilee.eventing
Oct. 23, 2009, 08:56 PM
Oh and I forgot to add that I will be there from Friday onward.... if anyone needs a braider please let me know. I can supply photos of my work.

SuperEventer
Oct. 23, 2009, 09:28 PM
I'm taking my stallion to his first BN! I'm also showing two yearling fillies in the FEH. Should be a fun-filled weekend! :)

LisaB
Oct. 24, 2009, 08:52 AM
I can attest to jubliee's impeccable grooming skills!