PDA

View Full Version : Cool places near Santa Anita?

Gallop On
Oct. 21, 2009, 04:56 PM
Anyone have any favorite spots around Santa Anita racetrack? Bars, restaurants, music venues? We're heading out there for Breeders' Cup, and I haven't been to Cali. in years. Any recommendations would be great! Thanks.

EquineRacers
Oct. 21, 2009, 07:49 PM
I live around there and I have to say nothing. If your looking for a good time, you might need to head down to Sunset in Hollywood. Not much going around in Arcadia!

Blinkers On
Oct. 21, 2009, 11:30 PM
It depends on what you like. I personally stear clear of the hundred to one... Serious dive IMO. I frequent the Derby, Nikki C's, Shogun, and a quaint sushi place in Monrovia. If you feel like a little jaunt to Old town there are a ton of great spots!

Blinkers On
Oct. 21, 2009, 11:31 PM
sorry, double post

Gallop On
Oct. 22, 2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks! Blinkers On, I love sushi, too. What's the name of that place? Anyone else have any suggestions?

Blinkers On
Oct. 22, 2009, 12:45 PM
errrr.... it is on Myrtle by the Krikorian theater... manybe myrtle and Colorado... I don't know the name, but went there often.

Peggy
Oct. 23, 2009, 08:41 PM
I have been to a fun old-fashioned Mexican restaurant (Pacos?) in Arcadia as well as an interesting dive sort of bar (my trainer's son is in a band...). Kelly's was it's name. There is the usual collection of chain type stuff on Foothill Blvd. Old Town Pasadena can be fun, but parking can be a nightmare (one of the best Indian meals I've had was off of Colorado Blvd in Pasadena). The Gold Line doesn't go out as far as Arcadia, but you could probably pick it up at some point west and use that as a way to get into LA if you so desired.

Blinkers On
Oct. 24, 2009, 01:00 PM
Ya, Pacos is good!!!

Gallop On
Oct. 25, 2009, 12:44 PM
Thanks! This is going to be a fun trip. Looks like some fabulous racing days!

Blinkers On
Oct. 25, 2009, 01:15 PM
It will be crowded