PDA

View Full Version : Eventing Show Jumping Course Design Seminar

OptimumTime
Oct. 21, 2009, 12:12 PM
Has anyone heard about this or is planning on attending??

Eventing Show Jumping Course Design Seminar To Be Held At USEA Annual Meeting And Convention

Wednesday, December 2, 2009
10:00 AM-5:00 PM
Frying Pan Park – Herndon, Virginia

Whether you’re an up-and-coming designer, official, organizer, or a rider looking to improve their performance over stadium courses, this seminar offers a chance to better understand the practices used by top FEI and Rolex Kentucky CCI**** show jumping designer Richard Jeffery. Jeffery will discuss the theories and techniques behind effective show jumping course design.
Jeffery's seminar is part of the schedule of the 2009 USEA Annual Meeting and Convention which is to be held December 2-6 in Reston, Virginia.

This is a seminar for professional and potential Eventing Jumping course designers, however it is open to anyone who is interested in learning more about show jumping course design. The classroom session will cover general theory and an overview of course design as well as an overview of distances, and a discussion of course designs. The seminar will also include demo riders and horses at all levels of the sport.

If you qualify for the grandfathering program and need to attend a show jumping seminar to obtain your Eventing Show Jumping Course Design License, this is the session to attend! The USEF has extended the date for the grandfathering program to include this seminar. Attendance at this session will also fulfill the training program requirements to obtain your license if you do not qualify for the grandfathering program. Please see the criteria on page 9 of the Licensing Procedures Manual: http://www.useventing.com/resources/files/docs/eventing_training_program_licensing_procedures_man ual.pdf%20Jan%202009.pdf for more information. (http://www.useventing.com/resources/files/docs/eventing_training_program_licensing_procedures_man ual.pdf%20Jan%202009.pdf for more information.)

The seminar will begin at 10:00 AM and conclude at 5:00 PM. Beverages and lunch will be provided for all participants. The Commonwealth Dressage and Combined Training Association (CDCTA) is sponsoring this seminar, and due to the generosity of CDCTA it is free for all participants.

For more information on the seminar and a registration application contact Nancy Knight, Director of Education: 703-669-9997 or nancy@useventing.com

scubed
Oct. 21, 2009, 08:50 PM
I can't make it because of work. But I have had the privilege of walking some show jumping courses with Richard Jefferys and hearing his thoughts and I would highly recommend it

retreadeventer
Oct. 21, 2009, 09:09 PM
I would like to attend, I've arranged a day off work but I want to go with friends so we can all go eat afterward or something...so far I can't talk anyone into it...anyone going would like to go to dinner after and discuss the day? Also taking restaurant suggestions.....

Janet
Oct. 21, 2009, 09:43 PM
I am planning to attend.

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 21, 2009, 10:33 PM
Oh, excellent! :D

I will definitely plan to be there; hopefully will bring a few more folks with me (and maybe we can arrange a COTHer get-together afterward for interested parties...)

LexInVA
Oct. 21, 2009, 10:36 PM
There's a Generous George's Positive Pasta and Pizza Place up the road from there. Yummy food.

GreyDun
Oct. 21, 2009, 10:43 PM
This is going to be an AWESOME seminar...you'll want to take lots of notes :)

Oh, and PS - room rates for Convention are super-cheap for Friday/Saturday nights: http://useventing.com/aboutus.php?section=convention&id=2148 (especially if you're sharing a room, too)

mellsmom
Oct. 23, 2009, 11:07 AM
I am really looking forward to this seminar. Right now I am designing the stadium courses for our club's CT's... and while I have Sally Ike's book, I need help and ideas. I really can't wait!!!!!! I will be driving up from Richmond, VA area if someone wants to carpool.

mybelle
Oct. 26, 2009, 04:42 PM
:no:

There's a Generous George's Positive Pasta and Pizza Place up the road from there. Yummy food.

I do believe the last Generous George's closed in Alexandria a few weeks ago :cry: