PDA

View Full Version : Instructor in Lexington, KY

katG
Oct. 21, 2009, 10:54 AM
I'm hoping somebody can help me find someone to take lessons from!

I have been riding forever but I had to give it up last year (senior year of HS) because I didn't have enough time in the day. I gave up my horse and all horsey connections because if I could forget how much i missed it if I wasn't reminded of it. After a year off I cant do this anymore! Am attending UK right now, but next year I am going to go to a school closer to home, buy another horse and start eventing again. The problem is I want to start riding again now.

Does anyone know of a good trainer here in Lexington that might be able to help me? I was a fairly decent rider before, evented and was in PC. I am worried though that I've forgotten everything and I'm going to be terrible now! I guess that means that I'll have to rebuild my confidence.

Thanks in advance!

2ndyrgal
Oct. 21, 2009, 01:49 PM
Her website is CWEvent. A great confidence builder, great farm in Lexington w/cross country jumps and is helping the older weinie gal get back her confidence./

Couture TB
Oct. 21, 2009, 02:27 PM
Lindsey Oaks. She is just outside of Lexington. lindsey@rleventing.com

FoxChaser
Oct. 21, 2009, 04:01 PM
Since you don't have a horse, that really narrows your field of instructors since most (CW included) don't have lesson horses. You might try Megan Lanzarone at Team CEO http://www.teamceoeventing.com/ or Tanya Davis at 3-Day Farm http://www.three-dayfarm.com/ Both Megan and Tanya post on here regularly. Unfortunately, there just aren't a lot of folks out there with lesson horses.

katG
Oct. 21, 2009, 04:18 PM
Thank you guys! I know its hard to find places with lesson horses :/ Unfortunately owning right now just is feasible for me. I wish it was. I really appreciate the help!

ddashaq
Oct. 21, 2009, 04:34 PM
I ride with Whitney Morris at Morris Farm. She has several horses available that she uses for lessons and her website is http://www.morrisfarm.net/

I have had such a good time riding with her and she has helped me tremendously correcting some issues my horse and I had.

jumpsnake
Oct. 21, 2009, 04:34 PM
Try Maggie at Champagne Run. Many UK students who are horseless take lessons there. pm me if you want the numbers.

QHEventr
Oct. 21, 2009, 06:51 PM
I'm just outside Lexington, in Paris (about 10 minutes) and have horses here to take lessons on. www.duforteventing.com

Johanna

UKYeventer
Oct. 21, 2009, 10:11 PM
I second Champagne Run, I'm on the UK Dressage and Eventing Team and that is the barn we ride out of. PM me if you want more info about the team or barn.

CookiePony
Oct. 21, 2009, 11:26 PM
If you go to Champagne Run, ask for Jennifer Joyce. :cool:

adamsmom
Oct. 22, 2009, 11:24 AM
Michelle Zimmer teaches out of Robert Murphy stables. While it's technically a hunter barn, Michelle is Ralph Hill's niece and teaches both dressage & jumping. Plus they have tons of school horses.

She's really great, and reasonably priced.

Letsbefrank
Oct. 23, 2009, 08:34 AM
These two people have helped me take my OTTB, wild red mare, to the OI level in eventing. We are still working hard on the dressage of course but both of these instructors have what it takes to get you where you want to go!

katG
Oct. 23, 2009, 09:48 PM
Thank you all so much for your help! I really appreciate it. You have been so helpful.