PDA

View Full Version : looking for an event barn in Southern California L.A. to N. County San Diego

Eventrider13
Oct. 20, 2009, 08:45 PM
Hi I am looking for an event barn anywhere between Los Angeles and North County San Diego ( Oceanside ) California.
I'll be working in Orange & living in Downey, CA.
I would like a barn that is competing at the upper levels ( training thru Advanced) and be great if they were involved in some Jumpers if possible. Moving here from Northern Cal. and been out of eventing for a few years due to college - but have a horse and ready to go. Competed to Intermediate as YR
any tips would be much appreciated Thank you:winkgrin:

TuxWink
Oct. 20, 2009, 09:22 PM
I would try:

Sabo Equestrian
949-244-8615
lisa@sabogroup.com

They are closer to Orange than to Downey, so this would be best if you plan on riding before or after work. They are really wonderful, both have done the upper levels, and I believe Lisa still does the jumpers in addition to eventing. I don't think you should look in Los Angeles County as the commute will be HORRIFIC from Orange. There is a stable in Long Beach which is convenient to Downey, but I'm not sure who trains out of there.

3 Day Ranch
Oct. 21, 2009, 01:40 AM
Lots of choices. Ginny Bryant does jumpers and eventers. In addition you have Hawley Bennett, Erin Kellerhouse, Jennifer Wooten and Tamie Smith. All with excellent resumes-you can check under rider lookup on the US Eventing website. In addition there are numerous clinics offered in all phases through the area. Good luck. Hope to see you at our March event.

pass
Oct. 21, 2009, 03:29 AM
There are a few in Los Angeles. Gina Economou is there, so is Susan Friend La Tourneur. Debbie Rosen is a probably too far north.

tbeventer
Oct. 22, 2009, 10:57 AM
A second on Gina Economou, Hawley Bennett, and Erin Kellerhouse. Jennifer Wooten is probably too far South in Ramona. Also, Wendy Wergeles is up in Santa Barbara, but travels a good bit. I'm moving back to S.-central CA from Aiken and would kill to be at Kingsway with Erin and Hawley... plus, they have a great little XC course there with Galway across the street! Too bad I'll be a few hours North.:(

Eventrider13
Oct. 22, 2009, 11:01 PM
I don't think I could ride with Ginna Economoo. She is a tad harsh( I did a clinic with her and she was just not my type). I do like Debby Rosen I have a feeling she will be too far a drive. I'd like to check out the Sabo's and Ginny Bryant I think since they are closer to me. I read some great things about them as well.
thank you everyone