PDA

View Full Version : Galway oct 30

two sticks
Oct. 20, 2009, 04:30 PM
Who is going to be there?

I'm trying to decide if I should go and spectate with the camera...

wsmoak
Oct. 20, 2009, 08:39 PM
I'll be there!

I haven't decided whether to bring out the camera, I injured my hand recently and I'm not sure it's up to the weight of that big lens yet. :/

Risk-Averse Rider
Oct. 20, 2009, 09:43 PM
I'll be there!

I haven't decided whether to bring out the camera, I injured my hand recently and I'm not sure it's up to the weight of that big lens yet. :/

I have a monopod, if you want to borrow it... or is the problem schlepping it around?

wsmoak
Oct. 20, 2009, 10:19 PM
I have a monopod, if you want to borrow it... or is the problem schlepping it around?

Pretty much. I already have a monopod but just carrying the whole thing around is going to put the wrong kind of stress on this hand and wrist. That and I don't really have time to mess with the resulting image files. The film may be "free", but the processing time is *not*!

Who else will be there?

I can't believe it's in less than two weeks, I haven't quite recovered from *last* weekend yet. And I may turn around and head to Georgia for Poplar Place [and house hunting, but I have my priorities] two weeks after that!

3 Day Ranch
Oct. 21, 2009, 01:36 AM
I'll be there running Area Vi Young Riders Used Tack Sale.....so clean out your barns, garages and trailers and bring us your "stuff". Young Riders keeps 20% and the rest goes back to you!!!! Unless you want to just donate the item outright to YR. The proceeds are used to help fund the cost of the trip to Kentucky for the NAJYRC. You can leave items off starting at noon on Wednesday and the tack sale is Friday and Saturday.

Let me know if you have any questions. I will be around almost all the time, except to watch my son in the 2 star and my horse (with trainer) in the 1 star.

At the very least stop by and introduce yourself. We will be set up near the fence going up towards stabling.

tbgurl
Oct. 21, 2009, 09:02 PM
I'm planning to spectate with my DH and DS. A friend of ours will be competing in Novice.

two sticks
Oct. 21, 2009, 10:18 PM
well, I got a job shooting a different show on the 1st so I wont be going, but have fun everyone!

suze
Oct. 21, 2009, 11:18 PM
I will. My daughter is doing the T3D and I've a student going Novice.

Oct. 22, 2009, 07:36 AM
3 Day Ranch - sending you a PM

ZIL
Oct. 26, 2009, 12:45 AM
I'll be there running Area Vi Young Riders Used Tack Sale.....so clean out your barns, garages and trailers and bring us your "stuff".

Do you accept clothing?

Dazednconfused
Oct. 26, 2009, 05:28 PM
I won't be there but the farm I work for is sending one pony & kid to it! ;) Excited to see how she does. Who is the photographer, anyone know?

wsmoak
Nov. 1, 2009, 12:57 AM
I was out all day on the cross country course and put up a few snapshots... http://www.pbase.com/wendysmoak/200910galway

Still haven't managed to meet anyone! I'll be back for stadium tomorrow. :)

Looks like the official photographer is McCool, and there is also someone shooting video.

There is a link to scores and other information on the Galway Downs website: http://www.galwaydowns.com/