PDA

View Full Version : RIP Mary Redmond - KC Trainer

Platinum Equestrian
Oct. 20, 2009, 01:57 PM
Mary Redmond was an eventing professional in the KC area. Mary was long listed in eventing for the Olympics in 1998 with LA Hardway, a TB she trained.

Mary and her husband were killed in a car-train accident over the weekend. Below is her obituary. Please keep her children in your prayers.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kansascity/obituary.aspx?n=mary-redmond-south&pid=134680901#

pcwertb
Oct. 20, 2009, 02:29 PM
So very tragic. Prayers for her family.

flutie1
Oct. 20, 2009, 02:55 PM
Oh my God, how sad. Mary won our sixth Advanced at Wayne in 1996. I'm so sorry.

punk_pony
Oct. 20, 2009, 05:22 PM
That's so very sad! Mary walked the cross country with me at my first * at Colorado years ago (the first year the event was run). I didn't know her from Adam, but had seen her name in magazines, and I was a clueless (and terminally coach-less) 16 year old, so I simply asked if she would walk the course with me. I realized years later that a) people usually PAY for course walks, and b) she didn't even have a horse in the one star (I believe she won the two star that year, though). She was incredibly gracious and kind to me that weekend. She kept checking in on me, and really helped make my first three-day a fun and successful experience.

Badger
Oct. 20, 2009, 05:55 PM
Last time I saw her was in the hunt field, the first time was when she was competing at Rolex. She trade a used computer worth a few hundred dollars for L.A., and made him into an upper level horse herself.

This is such sad news.

LAZ
Oct. 20, 2009, 09:37 PM
Such sad news, I knew another couple that was killed in a car-train wreck--it is such a shock.

Condolences to the family.

Robby Johnson
Oct. 20, 2009, 09:51 PM
So very, very sad.