PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Barn in the Norfolk, VA area

FlewtheCoop
Oct. 20, 2009, 08:06 AM
I wasn't sure where to post this but...
Ok, we are moving once again... this time to the Norfolk area. Yes, we are a military family and my husband is back on a ship next summer.
Any suggestions on good barns? Or any facility with trails, jumping arena, good trainers and maybe an indoor? We are at BN now and would love to find a place with X-Country fields.
Thanks!!!

FlewtheCoop
Oct. 20, 2009, 09:03 AM
I am willing to drive 45 min. Since my husband refuses to get stuck in rush hour base traffic we will most likely live in Larchmont, Ghent or East Beach. Since I work from home my schedule is flexible and I don't mind driving longer distances as long as I don't get stuck in traffic on the bridge tunnels.
I am probably willing to spend up to $550/month. I am not picky about pasture or stall board since my TB is pretty easy.
I've considered going to Suffolk and have my eye on: Happy Valley Equ Center, Indian Point farm and HorseSpa. I've also heard good things about Bridlewood farm in Chesapeake and maybe ArborGate.
We are going to the area to check things out in Nov and I hope to get a better idea on locations, drive times, and just the general feel of the facilities out there.
I just hate to go to a new place "blind". Thanks for all the help.

NEEDS A NAP
Oct. 20, 2009, 01:48 PM
I would suggest cross-posting this in Off Course.

Not a huge eventing scene in the Norfolk area, which may be why you are not getting response here.